Durniat Strength Grip Challenge

andurniat

Will the wrist roller be a fixed weight for time? If so could you tell me what the weight will be so I can get a little practice with it. Thanks a lot. My money will be sent out tomorrow by the way.

Will the wrist roller be a fixed weight for time? If so could you tell me what the weight will be so I can get a little practice with it. Thanks a lot. My money will be sent out tomorrow by the way.

Looking at around 135-165#. There will be a 30 sec. time limit and the weight will be raise a height of about 8ft. We'll be standing on top of my powerracks. A sturdy platform and wrist roller has been fabricated. 2" diameter roller.

Ok thanks Andrew. I'm getting pretty excited about this contest. Should be a great time.

• 3 weeks later...

Andrew, Talked to most of the guys today. Looks like a prety solid 5 from the House of Iron plan on being in the contest.

Tom

Excellent. Looks like a good group of 12 contestants for the novice comp.

Andrew, Talked to most of the guys today. Looks like a prety solid 5 from the House of Iron plan on being in the contest.

Tom

Excellent. Looks like a good group of 12 contestants for the novice comp.

AWESOME!

Here is a look at the wrist roller tower of terror for this weekend. :D :D

Edited by ADurniat

Well boys, I just checked into the Hilton here and I'm gettin pumped for some grip action tomorrow. Should be an awesome time!! See yall tomorrow

Excellent. See you in the morning. Call if you have any problem finding the place in the morning.

My cell number is 949-230-6945

The gym is set for a great day. I can't wait.

Novice contest - yeah - right! Some mighty strong new guys showed up - a great first competition as a promoter by Andrew. I'll have more to say later but well done to all!!!

Just got back home after another long 8 hour drive. The original plan was to hit the bar when I got home but that was squashed after about 6 hours on the road ha.

I had a blast at the competition! I wanna thank Andrew for putting it on and everyone else who sponsored and came to support us. It was really cool to meet Chris Rice and hear some of the insane amount of knowledge that fills that man's head. He was extremely helpful in coaching technique and strategy between lifts as well. Andrew did a really nice job of keeping things running smoothly and although it was my first comp and I have no others to compare it to, I think it was set up very nicely and we got through things as fast as possible. I'll wait for Andrew to post some results to say much more but I think everyone did an outstanding job and gave everything they had.

Sounds like a great time. Can't wait to see the results as well.

Heavyweight Grippers

Ryan Jandry 175.000

Malcolm Majesky 136.500

Kevin Reed 103.000

Shawn Scott 103.000

Tom Markling 84.350

Lightweight Grippers

Andrew Pantke 131.400

Josh McDonald 120.400

Nate Butcher 120.400

Brandon Gerber 114.310

Tom Guthrie 103.000

Heavyweight 2hp

Ryan Jandry 201.400

Malcolm Majesky 181.840

Shawn Scott 176.180

Kevin Reed 151.060

Tom Markling 129.500

Lightweight 2hp

Josh McDonald 184.800

Brandon Gerber 174.180

Andrew Pantke 174.180

Nate Butcher 149.080

Tom Guthrie 129.500

Heavyweight DO Axle

Ryan Jandry 368.84

Malcolm Majesky 362.24

Shawn Scott 276.44

Kevin Reed 265.44

Tom Markling 256.64

Lightweight DO Axle

Josh McDonald 287.44

Andrew Pantke 280.84

Brandon Gerber 265.44

Nate Butcher 252.24

Tom Guthrie 247.84

Heavyweight Medley - 37 items total

Ryan Jandry 33

Malcolm Majesky 31

Kevin Reed 28

Shawn Scott 26

Tom Markling 20

Lightweight Medley - 37 items total

Josh McDonald 32

Andrew Pantke 26

Brandon Gerber 24

Nate Butcher 23

Tom Guthrie 19

Heavyweight Wrist Roller

Ryan Jandry

Shawn Scott

Kevin Reed

Malcolm Majesky

Tom Markling

Lightweight Wrist Roller

Nate Butcher

Josh McDonald

Brandon Gerber

Andrew Pantke

Tom Guthrie

Great job by all. There were some truly amazing performances by everyone. Ryan Jandry will be in the top ranks of an open class. Brandon Gerber's over bodyweight 2hp, pulled 174.18# at 168# bodyweight. Malcolm Majesky lifting the Inch replica in the medley. Just some of the amazing things that happened yesterday. I will give a full list of the medley items later.

Time to go clean the gym.

Thank you all for helping to make this event so great.

Look for another Novice grip meet to happen, May/June 2011, exact date to come soon.

Some HUGE numbers were put up! Sounds like it was an excellent day of gripping. Congrats to all the competitors. :rock

Great job by all. There were some truly amazing performances by everyone. Ryan Jandry will be in the top ranks of an open class. Brandon Gerber's over bodyweight 2hp, pulled 174.18# at 168# bodyweight. Malcolm Majesky lifting the Inch replica in the medley. Just some of the amazing things that happened yesterday. I will give a full list of the medley items later.

Awesome stuff, guys! Great contest, Andrew!

Andrew

Thank you for putting on such a great contest! I leaned a lot and have been able to add some good poundage this week in my training by fixing a few technique flaws. Thank you and looking forward to coming out again sometime.

Andrew Pantke

Andrew

Thank you for putting on such a great contest! I leaned a lot and have been able to add some good poundage this week in my training by fixing a few technique flaws. Thank you and looking forward to coming out again sometime.

Andrew Pantke

Great having you and your fiance out. You have some strong hands that are sure to get stronger by the time we meet again. I hope to see you qualify for Nationals.