591 Lb Fbbc Hexabastards From September '10

RichardBean1

I just wanted to pass along the calibration numbers I got for my recent batch of 5/16 x 7" Hex's from FBBC I ordered in September 2010. I have attempted this stock in both singles and doubles and have not moved it more than 5 degrees. A few other guys have also mentioned that this batch seemed way harder than the old "brutal" batch that went around a couple years ago. I can't compare because these are the first Hex's I have ever tried but they are hard and calibrated at 591 lbs! I don't feel so bad now for not being able to bend one but it doesn't change the fact that it irritates the heck out of me that I can't cert on one. Maybe someone out there has another one lying around collecting dust from a previous batch? :whistel

Yeah, sounds like the same ones I've been having problems with. I like to call it "retarded hex" instead of brutal hex. The brutal hexes I remember usually cal'd around 525-535, which is really high since they originally cal'd 480 something.

Yeah, sounds like the same ones I've been having problems with. I like to call it "retarded hex" instead of brutal hex. The brutal hexes I remember usually cal'd around 525-535, which is really high since they originally cal'd 480 something.

Thats funny I think you have just coined the new "official" title for the 2010 Hex's a.k.a. RETARDED HEX! If you are having trouble withthem I feel okay about my progress. If I could only get it to 15 degrees or so I know I could sweep threw it and crush it but it just wont go....I am thinking of cutting some down to 6.5" and seeing if I can kink through it knowing the crush ill be harder I just want to see if I have better luck with a more comfortable starting position. I hate 7" stock! :angry:

I sure would like to cert on an "easier" batch of Hex's just to see how it feels to bend one. I have no idea when and if I am going to be able to build up to these.

Just stay with it. I've only tried these a couple of times without much luck. I think I may cut one down too to see if it makes any difference. Starting soon, I'm going to try to attack these with a plan like I did the Red. Haven't really bent much of anything to date in hex shapes.

Thanks for posting the calibration on the new hex. I was wondering what the heck was up with that stuff, figured it was harder, as I was coming back to bending & knocked down a grand Bastard & a big shiny with no problem & then a 7" hex shut me down the next 2 sessions. Finally got one after an on & off 2 session struggle. That's crazy stuff.

Thanks for posting the calibration on the new hex. I was wondering what the heck was up with that stuff, figured it was harder, as I was coming back to bending & knocked down a grand Bastard & a big shiny with no problem & then a 7" hex shut me down the next 2 sessions. Finally got one after an on & off 2 session struggle. That's crazy stuff.

I got the same stock and am in the same situation that Rich is. I was really disappointed cause this is the first 5/16" anything that I couldn't at least kink. But after reading these responses...well, if you guys are having trouble with it I don't feel so bad.

No problem Mr. Beatty....I guess I am getting broke in the right way with your newest batch of 5/16 Hex's.....I have never been one to make eecuses or take the easy road so I guess if I really want this bar I just have to work at it. Nothing worth having in life comes easy to include a "certified HexaBastard" title from FBBC....LOL!