Fbbc Nail Question

mfin77

I bought the benders bags about three months ago from fbbc. I have bending the nails 3/16 from 7 to 5 inches long (round stock), and also the3/16 by 7 square stock.

What is the next nail to bend, because, I am having problems with bending the next size.

I tried bending 1/4 by 7 round, and I do not even come close.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Mike

What style are you bending with? You may want to work on some assistance exercises that help with those positions but I think the actual bending is best. Post up some videos and have your technique critiqued. You'll be amazed at what a little advice from a seasoned bender can have on your progress.

I agree with Shoggoth. Need to see you bend. :) Maybe take a few deep breaths hit it like you mean it and go past the pain :)

If you are bending the tradition style I found that the higher up you can bring it towards your chin the more explosive power you generate. I used to pump my arms upwards 2 or 3 times to get it up as high as possible. Not holding it braced by your chin just as high as you can get it to excert as much energy into the bar for the intial kink.

To help stretch the upper chest and shoulder girdle area try leaning into a wide door frame and extend your torse forward that will pull that whole area of your torso. I also used to use a bath towel by holding on each end and strech it above your head then pull your arms back as far as possible then follow up with stretching to each side. Stretching excercises like this will help raise yopur range of motion thus letting you get the bar up as high as possible to explode into it.

Try these links to see if you can get a better idea of what I am talking about regarding getting the bar high and then exploding into it. Here is a Magnificient & Grand Bastard plus a little bending collage that may help in the technique explanation.

I WAS A LITTLE JACKED UP FOR THIS BEND AS YOU CAN SEE -lol :flame

GRAND BASTARD

:mosherA Little Menagerie of Bending I put together

Edited by GatorGrip

If you are bending the tradition style I found that the higher up you can bring it towards your chin the more explosive power you generate. I used to pump my arms upwards 2 or 3 times to get it up as high as possible. Not holding it braced by your chin just as high as you can get it to excert as much energy into the bar for the intial kink.

To help stretch the upper chest and shoulder girdle area try leaning into a wide door frame and extend your torse forward that will pull that whole area of your torso. I also used to use a bath towel by holding on each end and strech it above your head then pull your arms back as far as possible then follow up with stretching to each side. Stretching excercises like this will help raise yopur range of motion thus letting you get the bar up as high as possible to explode into it.

Try these links to see if you can get a better idea of what I am talking about regarding getting the bar high and then exploding into it. Here is a Magnificient & Grand Bastard plus a little bending collage that may help in the technique explanation.

I WAS A LITTLE JACKED UP FOR THIS BEND AS YOU CAN SEE -lol :flame

GRAND BASTARD

:mosherA Little Menagerie of Bending I put together

Even after watching this video several times, it is still one of my favorite. :mosher

Oh another way to help with your crush down towards the end of the bend is to use a heavy duty handgripper. I experimented with doing some chest crushes occassionally with my BB Pro and WC. It simulates the crush down well enough that you can get some benefit from the excercise.

Hope these tidbits help you along your bending path.

Oh another way to help with your crush down towards the end of the bend is to use a heavy duty handgripper. I experimented with doing some chest crushes occassionally with my BB Pro and WC. It simulates the crush down well enough that you can get some benefit from the excercise.

Hope these tidbits help you along your bending path.

Thanks gatorgrip, I will start to incorporate this exercise as well as the other ones you mentioned earlier.

Thanks for the video, its inspiring. I should watch this video as I bend.