Red Nail Cert Process Through Iron Mind

RichardBean1

Hey guys. As some of you may now I have been on what I call "The Road To The Red Nail" for the last 3 months. This is when I first bent my first ever Red Nail in single leather wraps and wanted to train toward being able to bend it in IMPs under IM rules and regulations for cert purposes. Anyway many of you have already been through the certification process and I was hoping to get a little feedback and some advice as to your experiences and obstacles you might have come across in you cert process. Here are a few questions I have:

(1) How long does it usually take to get a judge lined up for cert once you have sent in your request along with your video?

(2) Can I pick my own judge or do they pick for me? Do they give me a list of judges in my area and then I contact whomever I want?

(3) What exactly does the definition as per IM rules mean when they say the nail must be bent into a "U" shape? What is there definition of a "U" shape and does it vary from judge to judge?

Thanks guys for all you help. Please feel free to post comments or add any information or advice that you feel will be worth my while.

Richard Bean

"Certified Big Bastard" and

hopefully soon "Certified Red Nail Bender"

Hey guys. As some of you may now I have been on what I call "The Road To The Red Nail" for the last 3 months. This is when I first bent my first ever Red Nail in single leather wraps and wanted to train toward being able to bend it in IMPs under IM rules and regulations for cert purposes. Anyway many of you have already been through the certification process and I was hoping to get a little feedback and some advice as to your experiences and obstacles you might have come across in you cert process. Here are a few questions I have:

(1) How long does it usually take to get a judge lined up for cert once you have sent in your request along with your video?

(2) Can I pick my own judge or do they pick for me? Do they give me a list of judges in my area and then I contact whomever I want?

(3) What exactly does the definition as per IM rules mean when they say the nail must be bent into a "U" shape? What is there definition of a "U" shape and does it vary from judge to judge?

Thanks guys for all you help. Please feel free to post comments or add any information or advice that you feel will be worth my while.

Richard Bean

"Certified Big Bastard" and

hopefully soon "Certified Red Nail Bender"

Good luck on that cert :phone

Just don't say anything nasty to Strossen ever. He will take down your name which you worked so hard to get and you deserve to have on the list. A friend had that experience with him.

Just don't say anything nasty to Strossen ever. He will take down your name which you worked so hard to get and you deserve to have on the list. A friend had that experience with him.

Really? His name was taken down after he had already been put on the list?

I see now that Derek Graybill isn't on anymore. Is that who you're talking about? Seems extremly childish of Strossen to remove someone who deserves to be on that list just because of an argument.

I would hate to think so. Maybe it's just an accident. I know ironmind updated the list a while ago and when they did, they spelled my name wrong, Pat P got moved from 2004 to 2005. Maybe someone's name just got lost at the same time.

When I saw that they had miss spelled my name they were very cool about it and changed it as soon as I emailed them about it.

I see now that Derek Graybill isn't on anymore. Is that who you're talking about? Seems extremly childish of Strossen to remove someone who deserves to be on that list just because of an argument.

I would hate to think so. Maybe it's just an accident. I know ironmind updated the list a while ago and when they did, they spelled my name wrong, Pat P got moved from 2004 to 2005. Maybe someone's name just got lost at the same time.

When I saw that they had miss spelled my name they were very cool about it and changed it as soon as I emailed them about it.

Nope, Derek talked to him and he is being extraordinarily petty about it. No accident, just another typical Strossen move because he is so very loyal to his customers. :flame