Question For Reverse Benders

dansweeney

I was wondering if anyone who is bending reverse in really small pads could give me some advice on recovery? I think it's common, but my thumb web area is really taking a beating and seems to take a long while to recover..

Thanks, Dan

I was wondering if anyone who is bending reverse in really small pads could give me some advice on recovery? I think it's common, but my thumb web area is really taking a beating and seems to take a long while to recover..

Thanks, Dan

Hey Dan, you could just alternate hands that you use as the lead and driver. So if your right thumb area is sore, change it the next workout to bend the bar over the left thumb area.

Very Normal Dan. It will take some time for that area to toughen up. I have added quite a bit of meat in the webbing area over the last few months and it doesn't hurt nearly as much. Also, make sure you are bending over the webbing and not over your thumb joint. That's what I was doing when I started out and just repeatedly bruised the crap out of it. It will take some time, but it will start recovering faster and stop hurting nearly as bad. Also, switching hands like Ben suggested is good too, so you give the other hand time to rest and you strengthen both wrists. Good luck!

They already covered it, switch it up. Its normal and you will get used to it in time. Take a couple days off also, maybe switch to another style while you are getting used to this

I think going back and forth from big - medium - and thin pads might help too. The big pads will keep the overall strength up while you are adjusting to the thinner ones and the medium ones will help with the adjustment with a little less pain.

Hey Ben! Yep, I've been switching since one hand is so much weaker. Mike, thanks for the tip. I think I'm bending in the right spot. I'm only at Grade 5 level, but with these sub 1" wraps, still stings for almost a week right in the web. I'll just up the volume a bit and take longer breaks until things toughen up.

Thanks!

Dan

Hey Ben! Yep, I've been switching since one hand is so much weaker. Mike, thanks for the tip. I think I'm bending in the right spot. I'm only at Grade 5 level, but with these sub 1" wraps, still stings for almost a week right in the web. I'll just up the volume a bit and take longer breaks until things toughen up.

Thanks!

Dan

Dan... a grade 5 bolt reverse is nothing to sneeze at. Good stuff!