Do Progress

MANTHOS

Last night I had a bending session and for the first time I managed to bend DO! Although I don't feel comfortable yet with this technique, when I felt the steel moving it was really great!

From left to right, this is what I managed to DO... :upsidedwn :

- One nail 6.4mm x 180mm (1/4' x 7.08'')

- One piece 8mm x 178mm (5/16' x 7'')

- One piece 8mm x 137mm (5/16' x 5.4'')

P080810_11400001.jpg

I want to thank everyone who helped me understand this technique and special thanks to Alexis for his useful information! :mosher

Last night I had a bending session and for the first time I managed to bend DO! Although I don't feel comfortable yet with this technique, when I felt the steel moving it was really great!

P080810_11400001.jpg

I want to thank everyone who helped me understand this technique and special thanks to Alexis for his useful information! :mosher

Great job Manthos!! Seemed like it clicked on that last piece(which was probably the hardest too) as It's not off center and a perfect bend! The more you practice at DO, the better you will be and one day it will click and you will be killing everything in site! Was the 5/16" CRS?

Guest Bullitt

Holy Crap! :blink The first time you bend DO and you bend a 5/16 X 5.5" piece of CRS!!!! Great great beginning my friend! You may be one of the best out there before you know it. :mosher:mosher

I'm happy i could help!! And those are good bends. Bravo Manthos!! Keep doing reverse, DU and others, training all three styles will make you a truly strong bender. :mosher

P080810_11400001.jpg

Great job Manthos!! Seemed like it clicked on that last piece(which was probably the hardest too) as It's not off center and a perfect bend! The more you practice at DO, the better you will be and one day it will click and you will be killing everything in site! Was the 5/16" CRS?

Thank you Chris! Yes, the last piece was the harder... :laugh . The 5/16' piece I really don't know if it's CRS as it doesn't mention that on the label... :blush . How you can understand if a piece of metal is CHR or HRS? :blush :blush :help

Holy Crap! :blink The first time you bend DO and you bend a 5/16 X 5.5" piece of CRS!!!! Great great beginning my friend! You may be one of the best out there before you know it. :mosher:mosher

Thank you Mike!! :mosher

Mike, because I don't know if this piece is CRS ( :blush :blush ), please tell me how you differentiate the CRS from HRS???

I'm happy i could help!! And those are good bends. Bravo Manthos!! Keep doing reverse, DU and others, training all three styles will make you a truly strong bender. :mosher

Thank you Alexis! You really helped a lot my friend...thanks again! :mosher

Great bending Manthos! That's some serious starting strength there man.

Thank you Ben!

P080810_11400001.jpg

Thank you Chris! Yes, the last piece was the harder... :laugh . The 5/16' piece I really don't know if it's CRS as it doesn't mention that on the label... :blush . How you can understand if a piece of metal is CHR or HRS? :blush :blush :help

Thank you Mike!! :mosher

Mike, because I don't know if this piece is CRS ( :blush :blush ), please tell me how you differentiate the CRS from HRS???

Thank you Alexis! You really helped a lot my friend...thanks again! :mosher

Great bending Manthos! That's some serious starting strength there man.

Thank you Ben!

Looking at the rad. on the bend and the way it bent I'd say you've got HRS there.

5.5" x 5/16" first DO bend is hard to believe. :whacked

Great job! :)

How about a video of the next one? ;)

5.5" x 5/16" first DO bend is hard to believe. :whacked

Great job! :)

How about a video of the next one? ;)

Thanks Joe. I think I have one more piece of that cut to 6.5''. If so, I'll cut it to 5.5'' and give it a go at my next session.

Edited by MANTHOS