Big Fight...big Defeat.

MANTHOS

So, yesterday night, as I returned from work, I was feeling so strong I said to try to bend something... :flame:shifty

...and I knew what to go for... a Class 8.8-Grade 5 8mm x 165mm(5/16' x 6.5'') bolt. I've done a thinner G5 bolt, by 2mm, so I thought it would be a LITTLE harder :inno . To be sure for my success, I wrapped it with double leathers and started the attempt.........

:blink

:ohmy

:fear

:pinch

:help

............... After 15 minutes of all that, this is the result: SANY0435.jpg

:yikes :yikes :yikes

My hands are killing me till now!

Well, I wasn't so strong as I felt, but I surely got wiser.....leave this bolt alone.... :laugh :laugh

Guest Bullitt

That's a thick bolt my friend! Great stuff. You are certainly stronger after that battle. And if you can move it, you can kill it! :mosher:mosher

That's a thick bolt my friend! Great stuff. You are certainly stronger after that battle. And if you can move it, you can kill it! :mosher:mosher

Thank you Mike for the encouragement! I'll sure do it bro!! :mosher

Thats a big edgin!! you kinked that?? :yikes What style of bending did you use DO, DU, other??

Thats a big edgin!! you kinked that?? :yikes What style of bending did you use DO, DU, other??

Alexis I use Terminator Reverse and DU...mostly TR. I can't DO...yet... :(

So, yesterday night, as I returned from work, I was feeling so strong I said to try to bend something... :flame:shifty

...and I knew what to go for... a Class 8.8-Grade 5 8mm x 165mm(5/16' x 6.5'') bolt. I've done a thinner G5 bolt, by 2mm, so I thought it would be a LITTLE harder :inno . To be sure for my success, I wrapped it with double leathers and started the attempt.........

Well, I wasn't so strong as I felt, but I surely got wiser.....leave this bolt alone.... :laugh :laugh

Oh my Manthos!!!! When i said get some "bigger stock" I didn't mean a 5/16" G5!!! To wobble that reverse is an accomplishment in its own mate! I'm saying this right now, you will be one of the best at every style if you continue at it they way you are!! I've had plenty of steel that I kinked or wobbled and tried to months later and KILLED them! So give it some time and that will go down! If you had your DO technique down pat, this would have folded, no question!! You are crazy strong Manthos, just give it some time buddy.

You kinked that using DU or reverse so thats pretty amazing, and you just started?? DO bending is something that took me awhile to understand but one day it just happened (it was mostly a hand placement thing). With your'e upper body strength and wrist strength you would be a incredible bender when you get DO. In fact if that bolt is what i think it is (a big edgin) you are on another level already.

Nice attempt Manthos ! We will certainly read that this bolt has finally loose in a few weeks !!

kink looks pretty off centre too, great bend. keep that bolt lying around to motivate you. You'll kill it soon enough...

ref DO, I think shoulder flexibility is one of the key factors, you can get 'above' that steel and unload down.

awesome stuff :rock

Oh my Manthos!!!! When i said get some "bigger stock" I didn't mean a 5/16" G5!!! To wobble that reverse is an accomplishment in its own mate! I'm saying this right now, you will be one of the best at every style if you continue at it they way you are!! I've had plenty of steel that I kinked or wobbled and tried to months later and KILLED them! So give it some time and that will go down! If you had your DO technique down pat, this would have folded, no question!! You are crazy strong Manthos, just give it some time buddy.

:laugh :laugh messed things up, as a newbie I am... :blush

Thank you Chris for the kind words and the motivation! :mosher

You kinked that using DU or reverse so thats pretty amazing, and you just started?? DO bending is something that took me awhile to understand but one day it just happened (it was mostly a hand placement thing). With your'e upper body strength and wrist strength you would be a incredible bender when you get DO. In fact if that bolt is what i think it is (a big edgin) you are on another level already.

Thank you for the kind words Alexis! I'm working on DO my friend...right now I can't flex at all at this position, but I'll find it out...Thanks again buddy! :mosher

Nice attempt Manthos ! We will certainly read that this bolt has finally loose in a few weeks !!

Thank you Joefrey! I would really like to be able to bend that thing someday my friend!

kink looks pretty off centre too, great bend. keep that bolt lying around to motivate you. You'll kill it soon enough...

ref DO, I think shoulder flexibility is one of the key factors, you can get 'above' that steel and unload down.

awesome stuff :rock

Thank you Anthony!