8mm X 178mm(1/4' X 7'') Piece Of Metal

MANTHOS

You gotta get some tougher stock Manthos! haha!! Too easy for ya mate!

Thanks bro! I got a big piece of that and I cut it to pieces. This is the second 7'' piece I do. I cut it to 6.5'' and 6'' to try later this week...they must be harder to bend.

Tell me Chris...what kind of stock shall I look for next time I go to the hardware store?? :help

Thanks bro! I got a big piece of that and I cut it to pieces. This is the second 7'' piece I do. I cut it to 6.5'' and 6'' to try later this week...they must be harder to bend.

Tell me Chris...what kind of stock shall I look for next time I go to the hardware store?? :help

I'm sure others would know a little better than myself, being that you're in Greece, it might be a bit harder to find the same stuff we have available here. I would try to get some 303 Stainless steel or 0-1(Oil Hardened) Drill Rod. I think the DR is called something else in Europe, but don't remember. Some grade 5 bolts in 1/4" Thickness also would be excellent. I personally would also invest in IMP's man. They will teach you to be a better bender!

Manthos you are Greek? Nice to see another Greek bender, i don't live in Greece though! very good bend in that style. Like Chris said look for DR or Stainless or square stock. Or maybe shorten the bar and reduce the wraps gradually.

Manthos you are Greek? Nice to see another Greek bender, i don't live in Greece though! very good bend in that style. Like Chris said look for DR or Stainless or square stock. Or maybe shorten the bar and reduce the wraps gradually.

2nd the Square stock! Good investment! Maybe a grade 8 same size as the grade 5 you bent. Each piece has it's own private hell Manthos. I find Cold Rolled steel harder to kink than Drill Rod, but much easier on the sweep and crushdown.

I'm sure others would know a little better than myself, being that you're in Greece, it might be a bit harder to find the same stuff we have available here. I would try to get some 303 Stainless steel or 0-1(Oil Hardened) Drill Rod. I think the DR is called something else in Europe, but don't remember. Some grade 5 bolts in 1/4" Thickness also would be excellent. I personally would also invest in IMP's man. They will teach you to be a better bender!

Drillrod[DR] is called Silversteel in Europe.

8mm would be 5/16 instead of 1/4 inch. Can't watch the vid so I don't know what you bent.

Tim

Thanks for the info bro! Believe me it's very hard to find the stock I need...when they ask me for what I want it and I say for bending training, they look at me like I'm from another planet.... :trout:laugh :laugh :laugh

I didn't know you had Greek ancestry Alexis! Thank you for the information bro!

Drillrod[DR] is called Silversteel in Europe.

Thank you for the information.

8mm would be 5/16 instead of 1/4 inch. Can't watch the vid so I don't know what you bent.

Tim

You're right, it's 5/16.

Really nice bend Manthos !!

You've made progress in no time !!

Thank you Joefrey!