Red Nail Cert Video

cpchild

Video of my official RedNail certification bend.

Slipped half way through but otherwise went OK.

Edited by cpchild

very nice!

Congrats! :mosher Made it look easy.

Congrats bro. Great bend/cert. Hope to be there one day.

You will get there, I remember very clearly when I first got the IM nails and the Red seemed a million miles away....but I really wanted to be on that list :)

Congratulations to a great accomplishment! I remember aswell the very first time I opened my IM bag of nails. I was expecting the red nail to look something like a yellow nail. And when I picked one up and felt it, I remember questioning if humans are capable of bending theese. Apparently humans can bend them, and you did it with ease. Welcome to the list

How long have you been working toward bending the Red?

I started bending on Christmas day 2009.

My progress went like this

White: 12/25/2009

Green: 12/25/2009

Yellow: 2/9/2009

Blue: 2/18/2009

Red: 9/12/2009 (This was using double wraps - one leather one suede)

My first Red in single IM pads was 6/23/2010

Sorry - My progress went like this

White: 12/25/2008

Green: 12/25/2008

Yellow: 2/9/2009

Blue: 2/18/2009

Red: 9/12/2009 (This was using double wraps - one leather one suede)

My first Red in single IM pads was 6/23/2010

Awesome bend. Congratulations!

Congratulations! You blew right through that bar.

Awesome JOB! I have also been training for the RED Nail cert but it is a slow painful process. I have bent several in single leathers but am having a very hard time feeling comfortable with thin suede or IM wraps. Huge difference between the wraps. How did you train for the Red cert once you were able to bend it with doubles? Did you slowly degress your wraps or pre kink and finish off with IM wraps or what? I am trying to figure out the best way to go about this as I am getting a little frustrated.

Awesome JOB! I have also been training for the RED Nail cert but it is a slow painful process. I have bent several in single leathers but am having a very hard time feeling comfortable with thin suede or IM wraps. Huge difference between the wraps. How did you train for the Red cert once you were able to bend it with doubles? Did you slowly degress your wraps or pre kink and finish off with IM wraps or what? I am trying to figure out the best way to go about this as I am getting a little frustrated.

I got to the point where I could bend a red very easy in double wraps. I then went down to singles leathers and bent the red on 4 bending nights (2 or 3 days between sessions). Then I went down to single IM's. First time was very hard but I put an initial kink in it at 7 degrees before finishing it. The next train session I put in an initial kink of 31 degrees before finishing it. At that point I put in for my certification request to IM as I new I was over the mental hurdle.

From my experience going down to single IM pads for the red I would say this, squeeze until it hurts and your mind tells you to stop....and then squeeze harder. It always seems to be at that point that it starts moving. I find that if I am mentally holding back it hurts, on the days when I don't hold back it bends easy and I don't even feel it in my hands. It is all mental.

Stick with it and you will do it. If you can do it in single leathers you CAN do it in single IM's.

• 2 weeks later...

Great job, I just caught this. Welcome to the club!