My First Bend

Malice

I tried 1/4x6 g2 bolt earlier and barely got a wobble in it so I just cut a 7" piece of 1/4" HRS and got a full bend using reverse style and a couple wash rags for wraps. It was fairly easy but with enough resistence that I think doing volume work with it will be a good workout. I still have 3 and half feet left of this piece and am going to pick up more tomorrow to cut up for workouts. They didn't have any CRS but this stuff will be fine for workouts until I get 100% comfortable with my technique.

147HRS.jpg

I tried 1/4x6 g2 bolt earlier and barely got a wobble in it so I just cut a 7" piece of 1/4" HRS and got a full bend using reverse style and a couple wash rags for wraps. It was fairly easy but with enough resistence that I think doing volume work with it will be a good workout. I still have 3 and half feet left of this piece and am going to pick up more tomorrow to cut up for workouts. They didn't have any CRS but this stuff will be fine for workouts until I get 100% comfortable with my technique.

147HRS.jpg

That's very nice looking HRS Russ! But please get yourself some wraps. Go to Micheal's and pick up some suede wraps or order some from Ironmind. Great bend dude!!

Thanks! I'm going to pick up some suede today or tomorrow. I'll probably order some cordura from IM too since I eventually wanna get red nail certed through them.

Thanks guys! I just ordered a wrist developer so I can work on my reverse kink without having to go through tons of stock. Plus it's part of the world's strong contest that I'm going to in Tucson...hopefully, next month so it'll be nice to be familiar with it before hand. I want to get some Iron Mind wraps since that's what I'll need for certification when I slay the red nail so I'm sure I'll end up just getting the whole kit with nails, wraps and bag. I keep looking at the 1/4" stock and hack saw I have right now but am going to take everyone's advise and not mess with it anymore until I get some wraps.