Giving Do Bending A Try

Shoggoth

Thanks Manthos! Someday I'll go for it. I'm not to sure what we'd have for IM witnesses around here. I'm going to try my IM wraps on the red and gr8 next time I try as well.

Trust me Jason when you go for the cert they will find a judge for you. My judge was some guy who worked as a janitor or a machinist of some sort at a hospotal who bought a few grippers once. He was a gripboard member at the time, not sure if he still is.

Thanks Manthos! Someday I'll go for it. I'm not to sure what we'd have for IM witnesses around here. I'm going to try my IM wraps on the red and gr8 next time I try as well.

Trust me Jason when you go for the cert they will find a judge for you. My judge was some guy who worked as a janitor or a machinist of some sort at a hospotal who bought a few grippers once. He was a gripboard member at the time, not sure if he still is.

Right on, thanks David!

Here's the second red that I've attempted/done. This is my 6th DO bend and it's a much faster red. I did a grade 8 in 3 hits right before this.

Guest Bullitt

Here's the second red that I've attempted/done. This is my 6th DO bend and it's a much faster red. I did a grade 8 in 3 hits right before this.

Nice progress!

Thanks buddy. I did a grade 8 last night and could've slept through it hahaha! Getting much easier. By the time I do my 10th bend they should be dramatically faster. Tried some IMP on another gr8 and hurt my poor fingers. It was late and my mind wasn't in to it. Next time it dies easy :-)

Awesome job! ... I think you're hooked

Thanks guys! I'm definitely getting hooked on the DO. At least I've got a few bent up reds kicking around now hahaha! I'm going to keep up with my RG as well, threw a wobble in a red a while back like that and I'd like to be able to twist one up like that at some point.

Well last night I gave bends 8 - 12 a go with some reds I cut today. I fully intended on doing iso's until I killed them all. I did 6.75, 6.5, 6.25 and 6 inch each under 3 minutes in my thin suede. I recorded the first 3 but ran out of battery juice before the 6" nail. With the ease these went down I may be able to get a 5" red in my next workout I'm hoping :-)

I can't open the programs to convert pics to upload but they're on my facebook and I'll upload video when I get back to the house :-)

Gave a 5" red nail a try last night and put a nice little wobble in it. Sorry about the sideways video, I don't know why it did that.

Guest Bullitt

That's retarded. Cut it out. People are starting to strongly dislike you.

:laugh:laugh Just kidding buddy! Awesome Progress! A red is a big deal. To be moving 5" reds this early in your DO bending is amazing!!! :rock:rock:rock

Just wait until I get my technique down brother!!! I'm just happy to be able to do a couple of these things and pretend I can hang with you guys :-)

Thanks buddy! I've got a long ways to go but at least I'm starting at a decent spot :-)

Great attempt Jason! You own those reds man! :mosher

Thanks Manthos! I've got some bastards coming so it'll be interesting to see how short I can take them down to as well. I guess I've got the anatomy to make this a little easier than it is for most.

Great attempt Jason! You own those reds man! :mosher

Thanks Manthos! I've got some bastards coming so it'll be interesting to see how short I can take them down to as well. I guess I've got the anatomy to make this a little easier than it is for most.

I don't think those bastards will trouble you at all Jason. They say they are harder than the reds, but I believe you'll give them a good bend. My anatomy, at the other side, doesn't help me at all....I'm starting to believe I will never manage to bend DO.

I think you'll hit it Manthos. You're more than strong enough and flexible enough. My shoulders are big time inflexible. The biggest thing for me was I visualized the movement and it simplified it tremendously and I did a grade 8 and wobbled a red that day. I think the main thing is to think of cranking the ends out and towards each other, not just pushing on the ends, bend them.

I try Jason but I can't stretch at all at this position. When I grab the ends and try to bend them, I apply the strength in such wrong way, that the ends of the nail get through the leathers but.... no bend, exactly as you describe it, I push it. The sure thing is that I won't stop trying and I MUST get some IMPs if I don't want to spend a fortune in leathers. :laugh Thanks for the info and again good luck with those bastards. :mosher