7x1/4" Sq Bend Video

Sean Cashman

Hi guys,

I know it's not a very big bend, but for me it was a solid PR. 7x1/4" square in iron mind wraps. I'd gotten this before in leathers but never in IM wraps

video link here - 7x1/4" sq bend

I'd kind of stalled a little bit with my bending so I took two weeks off and then hit a session yesterday. It felt really good. My goal is the Red and I'm trying to bridge the gap now.

Also a question for the shoe experts out there. What's the optimal angle to get the shoe bent to before switching to the top of the thigh for the crushdown? Is it 90 deg or more? less? I'm killing the St.Croix UL #2's but only getting the DC1 to about 70-80 deg. I'm having trouble gettng a postion for the crushdown. Do I need to kink it further? Or is my crushdown just weak!!

Thanks guys!

Sean

Nice bend!

Thanks guys! Appreciate it. I’ll keep plodding away. That Bastard is just a mental hurdle for me right now that I must overcome. It'll fall soon!!

Stump - I think you're right, I need to get a better kink to be able to take the shoe down.

Cheers

You're probably already at red strength level, I mean you slaughtered that square pretty quickly.

About The horseshoe crushdown it depends on what crushdown technique you're using. The one I'm using now allows me to go for the crushdown already at roughly 40 degrees. Like this bend http://www.youtube.com/user/PalleNailBender#p/u/9/BBPWzUjUG08 (crushdown starts at about 2.45)

Whereas the old style I used I was forced to get it past 90 to even begin thinking about the crushdown.

Edited by David_wigren

You're probably already at red strength level, I mean you slaughtered that square pretty quickly.

About The horseshoe crushdown it depends on what crushdown technique you're using. The one I'm using now allows me to go for the crushdown already at roughly 40 degrees. Like this bend http://www.youtube.c...u/9/BBPWzUjUG08 (crushdown starts at about 2.45)

Whereas the old style I used I was forced to get it past 90 to even begin thinking about the crushdown.

Thanks for the reply David. That video helps a lot. It looks like you have the shoe in a V position directly into the thigh and you are distributing force evenly to both legs. I watched video of my crushdown and it seems like I brace one leg on my thigh and try to force one leg down to 180. Does that make sense?

Btw - when are you going to put out a detailed ebook on shoe bending?! I'll pre-order it!!!! Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the reply David. That video helps a lot. It looks like you have the shoe in a V position directly into the thigh and you are distributing force evenly to both legs. I watched video of my crushdown and it seems like I brace one leg on my thigh and try to force one leg down to 180. Does that make sense?

Btw - when are you going to put out a detailed ebook on shoe bending?! I'll pre-order it!!!! Thanks for your help.

I kind of do that aswell when I'm getting really close to 180, like when I'm at 170. But that's only because I " run out of room". So I brace real hard with my left hand against the core of my body close to the groin area. That makes the right side stick up a bit more and it gives me some more "room" to bend the shoe past 180.

I'm not that interested in making any money from bending. I doubt that there's that much money to be made from to begin with. So If I put something out, it would be free. I actually have some ideas about making a few instructional videos. And probably just add information as I go along.

But right now I'm recovering from a back injury from when I tried to bend a crowbar :trout and I havn't touched a horseshoe in little over a month.