Double Wraps Legal?

Martin Gaisser

Ok after yesterdays failures and late night achievements, is it legal to use both the IM wraps and Suede together for GripBoard and FBBC certs? Can't seem to find out where it says anything about this but I see alot of video's of people doing it.

Ok after yesterdays failures and late night achievements, is it legal to use both the IM wraps and Suede together for GripBoard and FBBC certs? Can't seem to find out where it says anything about this but I see alot of video's of people doing it.

Martin,

Check the rules in steel slayer's for wrap width. For Fbbc, you can use double wraps, here's the link:

http://www.fatbastardbarbellco.com/files/fbbc_stscert.htm

I was thinking the same thing about the powerlifting reference you made. Always used to argue with my brother who's a powerlifter about all the multiply suits and stuff!! And the more minimal stuff will always be more impressive no doubt. I think it was David talking about using the double wraps as a training tool as well which is a good idea too. Use them to help work your self up to shorter steel then back off to singles and it should be kinda like 2 steps forward and 1 step back. I'll see how it goes. I've only been doing this for very short time so I'm not going to just lock into one thing yet. If it can be used to help me move forward I'm gonna use it.

Hey Stump are you sure that's not for braced bending? It refers to thigh padding. That is also the same rules I know for the Texas Horseshoe Twisters.

Martin,

I don't know if you are aware, but you just opened up Pandora's Box with this topic

Edited by naturalstrength

Unlike PL gear the bigger wraps don't increase your strength like say wrist wraps or elbow wraps would. Maybe a bit more leverage but the main thing i find is that they do allow you to smash into that steel without feeling pain and that's why i like them. I like bending like this because i can really put everything i got into a bar and that's my main goal. Is a bastard bend in ironminds as significant as the same bend in doubles? no way, cuz the guy with iron minds has some crazy tough hands...but it's still a good bend IMO.

Edited by alexis

Unlike PL gear the bigger wraps don't increase your strength like say wrist wraps or elbow wraps would. Maybe a bit more leverage but the main thing i find is that they do allow you to smash into that steel without feeling pain and that's why i like them. I like bending like this because i can really put everything i got into a bar and that's my main goal. Is a bastard bend in ironminds as significant as the same bend in doubles? no way, cuz the guy with iron minds has some crazy tough hands...but it's still a good bend IMO.

PL gear doesn't increase your strength either, it offers you a mechanical advantage, just like bigger wraps do. With bigger wraps, your hand is further away from the bar, offering you a leverage advantage. With bigger wraps on the ends of a bar this is magnified. Pain relief isn't the only advantage doubles offer. Like I mentioned earlier, I respect ALL benders but if you say the only advantage doubles offer is pain relief, I feel you are mistaken. How many attempts have been aborted just on pain alone?

Mine have :laugh ! Hence the reason i sought bigger wraps in the first place. I don't really hold this wrap style issue to heart though Andy, so i don't want to start arguing about it. I just feel that the bigger wraps allow me to push more physically and that's what i need to keep liking this, that what i look for. I was growing quite board of bending until got to be able to unleash in a bar like i can now with doubles. Like i said though it may offer more leverage, but to me, it's not as significant as the hand conditioning required to bend with minimal wrapping.

Bend in everything Imp's, doubles, singles and enjoy it! I Love to see a barehand bend and also appreciate a Booyah insane bastard reverse in doubles! I certed in everything, some days I feel salty and bend less wraps sometimes with more. It's all good!