F-911 Bolt

Martin Gaisser

Ok somebody on here told me that these Grade 9 bolts were not much harder than Grade 8. Uhh you are very, VERRRRRRYYYYYY wrong!!!!!! I bought several of these bolts online, they are 1/4" x 6" and have the marking F-911 on the head. So I just wrapped one up thinking it would be a little harder, WOW! I could tell when it first started to bend something wasn't going to be good. The bolt basically bent in an perfect arch from one end to the other, there was no kink in the middle. So I backed off and gave it another go, it felt like it moved a little then nothing. So I got mad :angry: and a little scared :erm because I sarting wonder how it would feel if this thing broke and went through my neck. So I didn't like the idea of that. :yikes Anyways so I put it between my legs braced and gave it all I had and guess what, it DID NOT MOVE ANY! Now I know that there are many, many much stronger benders than me but as of now I've done a Huge Bastard and this thing is way way beyond that. So here's the deal, I want to see one of these freakin' things bent if your one of the top bender's out there shoot me a pm and I'll send you one for free all you gotta do is bend it on video :D

That bolt sounds vicious. I'm sure there are other candidates that are better than me but I'd love to have a go if you'd be willing to send it outside the US. I'm sure that if I fail unbraced I would kill it braced no problem, or stab my thigh in the process :upsidedwn

Edited by David_wigren

Wish I was still bending DO I'd take you up on that offer! I always thought I'd be good for a 4.5" F-911.

Dang Ben!!! a 4.5", that I would have to see in person to believe. I don't know though I've seen some of the pics of the stuff you've bent and it's far beyond impressive. I'll cut one down to 4.5" and send it to you if you like and if you get it to 2" I'll even throw in some cash! Just to let you guys know I put one of these in a vise and bent it down to 2" to make sure it wouldn't break but still bend at your own risk!! I will let you in on a little something to build up the "fear factor" :laugh . To take it to 2" your gonna have to crush it beyond 1.5" :yikes . This has to be some of the toughest 1/4" stuff there is. By the way David "The Pale Bolt Bender" from Sweden has accepted the challange and has a couple in the mail. Good luck David can't wait to see the vid!

I was the one that told you they would be stupid hard from what I've read and seen. Good luck David, hope you kill it! And Andy, I do believe it was an older post from Gary that said they were very very hard. Needless to say Martin, it was some darn good iso work and nice job for getting it that far!!

Paul, Aaron either one of you wanna give it a try? It might take a little bit for us to hear back from David since he's on the other side of the EARTH! :laugh

Guest Bullitt

Well, you've passed me up DO so it doesn't make any sense for me to try one either. I had always heard they were just a little harder than G8s as well. Great effort!

Ok I looked back and it was Carl and he said he believed they were about the difficulty as a Red Nail. I want hold that one against ya Carl since "believe" isn't a definite yes or no. But it did win you 2 free F-911 bolts! :yikes Shoot me your adress Carl and I'll send 'em to ya! I want some video though.

Hey free steel along with a tough challange, I'll never say no to that.

Good to see that you test bent it to 2" without it breaking. Harder stuff like this always have a higher probability of snapping. I've never bent a G9 or F-911 bolts. I'll try and give my rough estimate of its strength

Edited by David_wigren

I'm gonna test another one tomorrow as well and try to see if it breaks beyond what I've already bent one to because as bad as I want to see one of these things bent I don't want one of you guys getting hurt.

Martin, where did you buy these online? I wonder if there is a lot of variance between different suppliers. BTW, I've never actually seen a grade 9.

I was the one that told you they would be stupid hard from what I've read and seen. Good luck David, hope you kill it! And Andy, I do believe it was an older post from Gary that said they were very very hard. Needless to say Martin, it was some darn good iso work and nice job for getting it that far!!

He said they were hard but I believe he's also bent them as well.

No doubt dude! Someone send him a pm and see if he's interested! If he can do a 5/16" Grade 8 in a cast reverse, he can hammer one of these!

Ok apparently these things are not indestructible I found a couple of vids online of people doing them. One of them is from a younger guy, his name is Derek and went by VikingsRule I think. Is he still bending stuff? That has to be pound for pound the strongest hands out there. One of the other guys is Mike or Autopulus. Great job guys. I guess I'll quit sending these things out for free then :laugh !!!! :yikes Also looks like i need to add in the IM wraps along with my suede wraps and toughen up a bit!!!

NOTE TO SELF: Always check YouTube before sending out a piece of steel to challenge people to bend for FREE!!!!!!! :laugh:laugh:whistel

Ok sorry to keep posting so much on my own thread. I was laying in bed at 10:30 at night and just couldn't take it any more after seeing those guys bend it so I got up and drove 15 min out to my shop this time pretty ticked cause I couldn't bend that bolt. Anyways I just wrapped the F-911 up in IM pads then in my 1" Suede and killed it. Took about 30 seconds. I've never double wrapped anything before and I would say it makes a huge difference!!! I'm still sending the bolts to David and Carl though. Man I feel like an idiot! :blush.

They are viscious but doable. The old L9 grade 9 bolts were probably what others were referring to as being a tad bit harder than an average grade 8. The F911s cal'd at 545 pounds if I remember right and they are seriously springy. I've bent a couple of them and they really fight you. Plus anything that skinny and tough is always a bit more painful than a compareable larger diameter stock.

Great job.

Tim

Ok. I'll bend them in IM wraps. And if they turn out to actually be 545ish then I might go for a DU in IM wraps, but that one is a bit iffy.

Postal service said they would be there sometime the first of this week. Can't wait to see you kill'em David.

They might have changed some in the past couple years because the ones I bent had a very sharp "V" bend to them.

Tim

The F911 bolts are dead now. Felt like 545 was about right. I missed the DU in IM wraps bend. I gave it 2 hard hits DU and it was only at about 5 degrees so I flipped it over and bent it DO instead. I'll probably have the video up for ya Martin in a few hours. They sure are some cool looking bolts, Thanks for the challange

the 5/16" ones are really nice i sent one over to Chad who uses it as an iso piece.

Still pounding away at it big guy!! :yikes