Nail Yield Strength Chart

crazy_bee

I have an excel chart I worked out using the second moment of area. The second moment of area can be used to predict a sections resistance to bending. I also factored in the effects of length. I think the chart is directionally accurate in terms of progression and in giving an approx increase in % difficultly from 1 bar to another as long as the material is the same. I did it for round, hex and square bar from 7.5" long down to 5" and from 1/8" up to 7/16".

It is not perfect but has been a huge help for me to work out what bar to try for next. It does not give a LB value to bend the bar but does give a value that can be compared to that of another bar so you can see a percent increase.

Having said all that I can't find the original file although I still have a print out of it I use all the time.

Chris

Thank you guys for your help. Nice list Aaron i will use it a lot.

And Chris if you could scan your printed copy i am sure it would help a lot too.

David

I scanned it but there does not seem to be a way to attach a file to the board ?