Horseshoes

Malice

Ok so I don't know crap about bending right now but will probably get into it in the near future. One question I have, though is regarding the horseshoes you guys bend. I know there are some specifically made for bending with different difficulty levels but do you guys also bend actual horseshoes made for horses? The reason I ask is my daughter's God parents have a horse ranch and I can ask them to save old shoes for me but don't want to if they aren't any good for bending.

All of the horseshoes that have been recomended to me are "real" horseshoes. I think most people seem to agree that the St. Croix Polo Ultra Light is a beginers horseshoe. David Wigren has given me some tips and info and to my knowledge is one of the top horseshoe benders out there he could give you more detailed info if you need it. If you search for horseshoe progression on this site I think there is a list that gives you a good place to start.

All shoes we bend are for real horses all real shoes.

Thanks guys! I'll start stocking up for the time that I'm ready to try bending them. Otherwise someone will get a great deal on a bunch of shoes for the price of shipping only :cool

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

So... All you of you guy's are bending real horseshoes? Cuz I just bend plastic rubber with some bluedark paint on em' :laugh haha

Ok so I don't know crap about bending right now but will probably get into it in the near future. One question I have, though is regarding the horseshoes you guys bend. I know there are some specifically made for bending with different difficulty levels but do you guys also bend actual horseshoes made for horses? The reason I ask is my daughter's God parents have a horse ranch and I can ask them to save old shoes for me but don't want to if they aren't any good for bending.

That's pretty cool. But it's really the luck of the draw regarding if you get your hands on horseshoes that are "beginner friendly" or not. Some horseshoes are easy to bend and some you could hang a truck from without them budging. If you can, take a picture and see if there are any marks on the shoe which would indicate what brand it is, and post it along with some measurements of it's width and thickness and it shouldn't be to difficult to give a rough estimate on how difficult they might be.

So... All you of you guy's are bending real horseshoes? Cuz I just bend plastic rubber with some bluedark paint on em' :laugh haha

That's pretty cool. But it's really the luck of the draw regarding if you get your hands on horseshoes that are "beginner friendly" or not. Some horseshoes are easy to bend and some you could hang a truck from without them budging. If you can, take a picture and see if there are any marks on the shoe which would indicate what brand it is, and post it along with some measurements of it's width and thickness and it shouldn't be to difficult to give a rough estimate on how difficult they might be.

As soon as I get some from them I'll do that. I remember a few years ago trying to bend one just for fun before I ever knew there were people turning them into pretzels and couldn't come close to budging it and thought there's no way anyone can twist these things. I thought it was an "urban legend" and now I see pics of guys twisting them into works of art and I'm amazed at it! When I start bending I definitely want to get into bending horse shoes.