Diamond Hind0 To 160 Degrees

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Big breakthrough. Used a technique David suggested to get past my sticking point at 90 degrees. Worked great. Couldn't quite get this Diamond Hind 0 past 180 within 5 minutes, but got it to 160, which is a huge improvement. This felt like the hardest of the 4 shoes I have bent. I think with this technique tweak, I can take a DC1 and DC0 to 180 now. Used my Steel Slayer 1.25" wraps. Totally out of shoes now. Maybe I can talk the Mrs. into a drive down to the Tractor Supply Store this weekend... :whistel

I was hoping that it would help, and glad that it did. You know you would defenatly kill any of the DC shoes now. You have to get some more shoes :laugh

Guest Bullitt

Thanks Martin and David. Definitely on the to do list David. Thanks again for the tip. Did it look like I was doing it correctly? I'm thinking a DC1 heart in the next couple months would be cool. Also want to try some of the bronco shoes they have. They look a bit thicker than the classics.

Thanks Martin and David. Definitely on the to do list David. Thanks again for the tip. Did it look like I was doing it correctly? I'm thinking a DC1 heart in the next couple months would be cool. Also want to try some of the bronco shoes they have. They look a bit thicker than the classics.

Looked ok. The whole bend didn't look as "messy" as your last bend looked. Which is a hard thing to improve while bending a harder shoe, so you get alot of respect for that. I'd say that as long as you don't bump into any problems in the near 180 area like some do(I had problems there for ages) and you don't have problems with the leg crush then a DC heart might not be far away at all.

If you can, get one or two ultra lites. Bending one of them might give you a perspective on how big of a head start you have on horseshoe bending.

Guest Bullitt

Lookin strong Mike! That DC1 should die easy for you now.

Thanks Griffin! Hope so. Going to get a few this weekend to play with. Anybody know how much harder the Diamond Broncos are than the Classics? May get one or two, just to see how far I have to go.

Guest Bullitt

Was a bit upset. Tried a DC1 cold yesterday at Chuck's and chit the bed on it. Just wasn't feeling it, and with no warmup, I gave up pretty quickly as things in my elbow, shoulder and hand were telling me to stop. So I took my frustrations out on a DC0 tonight. Finally got one past 180. Killed it in under 2 minutes, which was nice (Actually it was 99% of the way there in about a minute, but I kept hitting it just to make sure). I actually did this one on my left side as my right was still a bit sore. David's technique for getting through the 90 degree mark really has helped. I think the tractor Supply Co. truckers hat helped tremendously. I may have to give one of the Bronco000 a go this week, just to see how far I have to go. Here are some pics:

009.jpg

017.jpg

011.jpg