Help On Shoe Crushdown Needed

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

So, I tried my second shoe ever. Kinked this DC0 pretty easy, but having trouble with the crushdown. Any help is appreciated. After watching the vid, I probably should have kinked it a bit further before trying to crush it down. Did this one on left side and wore my elbow sleeves because my right elbow is still bothering me. Anwyay, got it past 90 degrees, but it froze up again. Much quicker this time, so improvement. Wore the elbow sleeves as my elbow is still hurting. If you experienced benders can give me any hints on what I'm doing wrong (other than being a big sissy), that would be awesome! Thanks in advance!!!

Edited by Bullitt

That's a great attempt Mike! The technique looks good, but pretty messy in general, which is only natural since this is you second bend ever.

Just one thing to think about. When ever I decide I want to bend over the right leg or the left leg. I keep on that leg throughout the entire bend. The reason for that is that if you kink it over your left leg, then the shoe is going to be bent in a way which makes the shoeleg your holding with your right hand, come at your body, but only if you're bending the shoe over your left leg. Now this can be used to your advantage. You can brace that shoeleg against your stomache. It's going to give you a little more room to work with the shoe and it's also going to help and keep the shoe stable, instead of it moving around allover.

And if you kink over your right leg you want to finish it over the right, for the same obvious reason.

In all it looks pretty good. Looks like you have a pretty good idea of what you're doing. It just looks messy and unstable

Edited by David_wigren

It just looks messy and unstable

Your really progressing fast Mike! Another reason that your bend appears unstable is all the padding your using!! It is a sure fire way to GREATLY decrease the forces placed on the shoe=no shoe movement. It is analogous to bending unbraced with very loose wraps. You end up wasting all that power!

Edited by naturalstrength

Guest Bullitt

Messy & Unstable: That could be the title of my biography. :laugh

Thanks David. I'll keep working at it. It was tough finding a comfortable position. A lot of which probably had to do with the fact that my thighs are all bruised and sore from the DC1 the other day. :laugh

I'll keep working at it. A Diamond Hind 1 is calling my name as we speak. :D

Guest Bullitt

It just looks messy and unstable

Your really progressing fast Mike! Another reason that your bend appears unstable is all the padding your using!! It is a sure fire way to GREATLY decrease the forces placed on the shoe=no shoe movement. It is analogous to bending unbraced with very loose wraps. You end up wasting all that power!

Thanks Carl! Yea, my thighs were sore as heck from the 90 minute beating I gave them with that DC1, so I took a less painful, but probably less effective approach. I'll just man up and get 'er done on the DH1. Thanks again buddy!

not too experienced but you might want to move the shoe down closer to your knee so you can throw your upperbody down more and you will be able to push harder also your knee area is smaller and you should bend better there good luck also every once in a while you hit a harder shoe in the same number

Not much to add from what the other said. The extra padding probably hurt you some. You just need to build up the pain tolerance in your leg. I use a small hand towel rolled up and I only roll it part way. Just enough to save my leg but not to much to loss all the power. I hardly ever bruise on top of my leg any more even when I do the bigger shoes.

Guest Bullitt

isometric in this position (your hard point)

and search your method, maybe :

???

see this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdAEB3L-VxY

That is some great research you've done Pawel! That was a great list showing pretty much evert technique there is.

Awesome Pawel! Thank you so much. I will watch them all and see if I can figure this stuff out. Thanks again.

Thanks Rico!

I hope that is helped ;)

I hope that is helped ;)

We will see. Going to try a Diamond Hind 1 today. :D

Thank you again!

Get it on tape. It'd be cool if you could get this one past 90 aswell

Guest Bullitt

I hope that is helped ;)

We will see. Going to try a Diamond Hind 1 today. :D

Thank you again!

Get it on tape. It'd be cool if you could get this one past 90 aswell

You say "jump." I say, "how high?" :D

This one was much tougher than the DC0 & DC1. Much more of a fight to get it barely past 90 degrees. I need to get more shoes. Only have a DH0 left. :cry On a positive note, I now have 3 shoes to work on crushdown isos. :mosher

Edited by Bullitt

Mike, watching your video made me realize something that will probably help you. My absolute strongest point is the 90 degree area. I've just not find any shoe that I could kink giving me any trouble at all at 90, not since i switched technique that is.

My point is that it looked like you were grabbing on the ends of the shoelegs and pretty much just pushing down. Myself I grabb far down on each leg, and the shoe legs are about 2/3 ways in my wraps. That way when it's at 90 my wrists will form a V in front of my body, and what I do then is brace my body as hard as I can into that V. That makes the hands push the shoelegs apart more than straight down. Which is why I never need any protection when the shoe is at 90, my leg simply aint getting that beat up. At the same time I guide the force with my wrists as hard as I can. You might wanna try is. As I've said since I started doing this I've not been stopped at 90 since. It's the most dominant horseshoe technique for its part of the bend.

Hope this helps

Guest Bullitt

Mike, watching your video made me realize something that will probably help you. My absolute strongest point is the 90 degree area. I've just not find any shoe that I could kink giving me any trouble at all at 90, not since i switched technique that is.

My point is that it looked like you were grabbing on the ends of the shoelegs and pretty much just pushing down. Myself I grabb far down on each leg, and the shoe legs are about 2/3 ways in my wraps. That way when it's at 90 my wrists will form a V in front of my body, and what I do then is brace my body as hard as I can into that V. That makes the hands push the shoelegs apart more than straight down. Which is why I never need any protection when the shoe is at 90, my leg simply aint getting that beat up. At the same time I guide the force with my wrists as hard as I can. You might wanna try is. As I've said since I started doing this I've not been stopped at 90 since. It's the most dominant horseshoe technique for its part of the bend.

Hope this helps

Thanks David! I definitely will give it a try. Right now, I'm just driving the shoe into my thighs and bruising myself up pretty good. :trout So, if I understand correctly, choke down on the shoes and direct the force out instead of down. I'm on it. I'll give some of these shoes I've already got to 90 or further a shot tomorrow.

You were right, that even though this is a #1 like the classic I bent, the hind shoes are way tougher! Different leverage for sure.

Edited by Bullitt

Great strength already there big man...the only thing you have to learn is how you must apply this strength on the shoe. When this learned those shoes have no chance!keep it up my friend!