Sticking Point At 90 > 105 Degrees

cpchild

On a magnificent bastard I have hit a sticking point between 90 to about 105 degrees. The bar is still to wide for me to interlock my fingers and with a DO grip my fingers are already hitting each other so I have to grip with one hand and use an open palm on the other.

I'd be interested to hear anyones else technique when they get to that point or how they work that point of the bend.

Appreciate any advice.

Chris

Edited by cpchild

That's the worst part of any bend. And even harder if the bar is short.

I just do what you said you did. I use the hybrid technique, holding it with one hand and open palm on the other. I always try my best to just blast through that stage. So when I'm nearing that 90 degree area I make sure that all my hits are as hard as possible, cuz it's alot easier moving steel that is already moving

When you get to that point in the bend, try to move your wraps farther up toward the center and use the interlocking finger approach. When I was at mag bastard level that was the only thing that would work for me. I hated the open hand push technique. I probably still couldnt move a mag bastard that way. :yikes

The guys covered the big suggestions. You ought to try a thinner pair of wraps at that point too and you might just be able to get your fingers interlocked, or at least closer to that point. Every little 1/8" will net you more movement on that Mag. I've bent a few of those and understand the sticking point.

Thanks for the comments. I tried something new for me the other day and it worked pretty well. I had been using the open hand technique out in front at chest height which was not working for me on larger diameter short bars. I tried it the other day with the open hand technique right up under my chin and got good results, so I will stick with that for a while and see if the results are repeatable.

Cheers,

Chris