First Shoe Bend

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Thought I would try to bend some shoes, so I went to the Tractor Supply Store and picked up a Diamond Hind 0 & Hind 1 and a Classic 0 & Classic 1. Honestly had no idea what I was getting. :unsure

Tried the Diamond Classic 1. It's the first real shoe I have ever tried. I know it's nothing for you guys, but I was pretty happy with the results. Spent 20 minutes trying to kink it with my hands on the wrong ends :blush Once I figured it out, I was pretty toasted, but got it to about 120 degrees before I just ran out of steam. Worked on it forever, but just didn't have enough to finish it to 180 degrees. Anyway, no big deal. Here's a couple pics.

010.jpg

016.jpg

I'd say that that everyone who's starting out and everyone who remembers when they started out will realize that it's a pretty big deal. It might not be super nova. But I remember that it took at least 2-3 months for me to be bending DC shoes past 90, and at that point I really knew what I was doing with the technique and whatnot. So to take a DC shoe past 90 first time is IMO really good.

You'll take that shoe past 180 soon enough. And remember shoes work harden like nothing else on this planet. So taking this prebent shoe past 180 will be tons harder than to just take a new one and bending it to 180

Guest Bullitt

I'd say that that everyone who's starting out and everyone who remembers when they started out will realize that it's a pretty big deal. It might not be super nova. But I remember that it took at least 2-3 months for me to be bending DC shoes past 90, and at that point I really knew what I was doing with the technique and whatnot. So to take a DC shoe past 90 first time is IMO really good.

You'll take that shoe past 180 soon enough. And remember shoes work harden like nothing else on this planet. So taking this prebent shoe past 180 will be tons harder than to just take a new one and bending it to 180

Thanks David. Means a ton coming from you. I worked on this one for about an hour with a couple short breaks. HAHA Once it got here, I took a break and then there was no getting it going again. :angry: Thought I might try a Diamond Hind #1 today. Will that be similar? Seems like the same shoe, just a slightly different shape. Thanks again!

Thanks David. Means a ton coming from you. I worked on this one for about an hour with a couple short breaks. HAHA Once it got here, I took a break and then there was no getting it going again. :angry: Thought I might try a Diamond Hind #1 today. Will that be similar? Seems like the same shoe, just a slightly different shape. Thanks again!

I've never tried any of the diamond hind. But from what I've heard they are a liitle harder than the classic.

It is the infact the very same shoe but wheras the hind are rear shoes the classics are front shoes.

Typically the hind shoes are a bit more narrow and the legs are straighter. Which at first would make it seem like you have more levrage to work with, but infact you have a little less levrage to work with since the entire shoe is now abit more compact.

The hinds are a little harder. Well Mike, it took me 3 years of trying before I could bend a dc1! I would say you are doing good!

Guest Bullitt

The hinds are a little harder. Well Mike, it took me 3 years of trying before I could bend a dc1! I would say you are doing good!

Thank Nick! I have reconsidered trying another one today. Who knew that bending shoes could make so many different parts of your body hurt the next day? :laugh:laugh I'll give the classic 0 a try before I mess with the hinds. Thanks again buddy.

Great job Mike!! I just started bending shoes the other day and your doing alot better than me! Makes me wan't to get into it more. Way to go with sticking with it for an hour too!!!

Guest Bullitt

Great job Mike!! I just started bending shoes the other day and your doing alot better than me! Makes me wan't to get into it more. Way to go with sticking with it for an hour too!!!

Thanks Martin! Not sure if it was determination or stupidity sticking with it that long. :laugh Feeling it today.

Guest Bullitt

Thanks guys! I'm glad I didn't know this was a "tougher" shoe when I tried it. I have a tendency to psych myself out. I just stayed mad at myself because I couldn't get it right away and didn't give up. Chalk this bend up to ignorance and blind determination. :laugh