Various Nail Sizes

Mun

So basically i just came back from home depot, i was looking for nails which were 3/16 and 6 inches long, the guy working there said he had no clue what I was talking about, I said do you guys carry 40penny nails? he said "whats that?" at this point im trying to figure out if its me who knows nothing or this guy, so I asked for a 60penny spiral, he said they have that, so I grabbed 10 of those, but these bad boys are way to thick for me to be starting off at, I need something thinner, anyone recommend something that home depot will carry?

So basically i just came back from home depot, i was looking for nails which were 3/16 and 6 inches long, the guy working there said he had no clue what I was talking about, I said do you guys carry 40penny nails? he said "whats that?" at this point im trying to figure out if its me who knows nothing or this guy, so I asked for a 60penny spiral, he said they have that, so I grabbed 10 of those, but these bad boys are way to thick for me to be starting off at, I need something thinner, anyone recommend something that home depot will carry?

Sounds like he was clueless. Maybe find a more helpful helper or a different store - those nails are pretty common. Worst case scenario - 6"x1/4" Grade 2 bolts are pretty easy but a little more expensive than nails.