Where Is My 60d?

antonio91

hello to all my name is antonio and i was absent from gripboard for some times cause school and others reason (also yesterday was my 19th birthday)...now i'm thinking to write more on the exceptional forum and one thing that i want know is:5 days ago i bent my first 60d nail at a 170 lbs bw,where this 60d place in the steel progression???for example how much harder is an ironmind red nail(just for understand)????have some of you any suggestions for what i could bend after the 60d nail???i'm quite exciting with nail bending,i find myself very stronger than with the gripper (i bougth some IM gripper one week ago and i'm not even able to close the 2...)

A 60d is going to be similar to a IM blue nail. The difference between a 60d and a Red is huge, in my opinion. Some of the stops betwixt the two are probably:

Grade 5 bolts

Grade 8 bolts

5/16" x 7" ungraded bolts

5/16" HRS

You can cut all that stuff to different lengths to get used to the 7" length. Many good benders have suggested focusing on stock that is the same length, or even a little longer, than your goal bend. So you could get 1/4" and 5/16" HRS and cut a bunch of lengths such as 7", 7.5", 8", etc.

Good luck!

You will find a great deal of variety in 60Ds strength-wise. I have had some that felt like yellows and had a wide bend, and others that were harder than a grade 8 bolt and had a very narrow bend. Try and get some from many different hardware stores, its part of the fun trying all different types. Good bend antonio91, a 60D is the classic, oldtime strongman test.