Cool Technique

Paul Knight

I haven't seen anyone start a shoe this way yet ... I like it

http://www.youtube.c...u/9/G4NlpSF2sPE

it's an old video, so it may be old news, but the first time I've seen this style start

Edited by Paul Knight

Fast too - I didn't hear him say what kind of shoe it was though.

Sonny Barry is one tough dude!

It is an interesting way to start a kink on a shoe. On this video he is bending a St. Croix Forge #2 Ultralight. Starting a shoe bend with the technique Sonny did is possible for this caliber shoe only, as far as I am concerned from personal experience and from what other shoe benders have claimed. I have bent several St. Croix Forge shoe's using this kink style(#2 through 000), but personally would probably snap my wrists off using DC's and above.

Chris Rider supposedly bent an ultralight completely in an unbraced fashion.

David Wigren, who in my opinion is the undisputed king of horseshoe bending, may have better insight as to if it is possible to bend shoes outside the calibre of ultralights, so maybe he might chime in with his insight.

Edited by naturalstrength

Guest Bullitt

The car was worth 10 style points. Sweet ride. I would think guys that are super strong on sledge levers and reverse bends with both hands would have an advantage with this style. Killer wrist strength. Definitely impressive looking.

Yes Sonny is one very tough hombre!

David Wigren, who in my opinion is the undisputed king of horseshoe bending, may have better insight as to if it is possible to bend shoes outside the calibre of ultralights, so maybe he might chime in with his insight.

To be honest I've never tried bending a shoe in this fashion. I think that Sonny B and yourself are way better than me on this technique.

Sonny Barry is one tough dude!

It is an interesting way to start a kink on a shoe. On this video he is bending a St. Croix Forge #2 Ultralight. Starting a shoe bend with the technique Sonny did is possible for this caliber shoe only, as far as I am concerned from personal experience and from what other shoe benders have claimed. I have bent several St. Croix Forge shoe's using this kink style(#2 through 000), but personally would probably snap my wrists off using DC's and above.

Chris Rider supposedly bent an ultralight completely in an unbraced fashion.

Chris did bend a UL past 180 completely barehanded on video several years ago. For whatever reason he took it down years ago.

I think Barry's friend, Greg Matonick, starting shoes in his teeth is a more original technique :D

I have put some good movement into a DC0 unbraced, but not using that style.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

I think Barry's friend, Greg Matonick, starting shoes in his teeth is a more original technique biggrin.gif

holy crap cakes! ... seriously?! ... do you know if anyone has ever video taped one of his bends that way? ... I would love to see that $h!t .. that's awesome!

Edited by Paul Knight

Guest Bullitt

I think Barry's friend, Greg Matonick, starting shoes in his teeth is a more original technique biggrin.gif

holy crap cakes! ... seriously?! ... do you know if anyone has ever video taped one of his bends that way? ... I would love to see that $h!t .. that's awesome!

Ask and ye shall receive: