Mighty Mitts

hamil1km

Chad "won" the Mark Henry Bell event. Rich couldn't even make the bell hop, only spin in the box. Chad and Andrew actually had the entire bell floating at one point.

Chad "won" the Mark Henry Bell event. Rich couldn't even make the bell hop, only spin in the box. Chad and Andrew actually had the entire bell floating at one point.

Thanks for the details on this event Zach! :)

I went to the MHP booth where the slater bells, an Inch, a 153 Inch and a 130lbish loadable, were sitting after the Mighty Mitts and Strongman events. I just wanted to mess about with the 153 a bit before we left the expo. I noticed there was a small crowd around the booth that hadn't existed before the Inch FW and Handinabox events. As I was trying to get the 153 off the ground, unsuccessfully if you're wondering, I overheard a group of about 5-6 guys talking about "These are the DB's they did in that Mitts thing. It's about grip strength or something like that." Each gent then decided to have a go and as I was leaving I could see a few more folks being drawn to the grunts and groans and que-ing up. I thought that was neat.

I had the pleasure of being at the Arnold for the Mighty Mitts competition, and let me tell you - IT WAS AWESOME! All of the competitors put on a great show, and it was extremely fun to watch them. The four events looked ultra-challenging. I'm thinking with a full year to train for these events, the competition will be even more intense next year.

Congratulations to all the competitors, and thank you for putting on an awesome display of strength! :rock

It was great being up on the stage. I struggled a bit but had a great time.

I wanted to cut my own promo's but the game-show-host announcer guy wouldn't give up the mic and there were no steel chairs around.

I heard a lot of people cheering when I was up on stage. Thanks for the support.

I wanted to cut my own promo's but the game-show-host announcer guy wouldn't give up the mic and there were no steel chairs around.

I heard a lot of people cheering when I was up on stage. Thanks for the support.

When you tried to get the crowd to cheer during the last event, they listened. It was awesome and that wasn't the only time either.

Heck yeah.......We cheered as loud as was humanly possible!

You guys did great up there! :)

I put a post in the competitions section of the board but I did want to give full credit for the strongest crew of gripmen ever assembled.They all trained hard and some traveled far. Their spirit, strength, and gift to grip they gave will all help "the child of grip"to grow. I can't say enough good about evey single man trying their best but, "saying is a lot easier than doing" these men all brought IT to the stage. A few flashes stuck in my mind, Jedds warlike determination, Steve Gardners resolve to go on even with a nasty thigh injury, Wades quiet, steady strength,Tex and Rich fired up like I never have seen them, Andrew Durnaits absolute crane like ability at a relitively light body weight, Chad there stonefaced and giving it "everything" he had.Odd Haugen a former Word's strongest man competitor even at 60 was a force to be reconed with Monster 500 @ 2 reps for 4th place. A real delight was a seeing more European involvement with alternate Sergi Romanchuck going at it with average size hands and carrying the Jowett anvil nearly 24' for a solid third place.Mark Felix mountain of strength and muscle going heads up with everyone using his huge hands and competitive spirit. Next year I think will be even better after the first one is under our belt and men of grip proving themselves worthy on a world stage. New events may be added involving pinching and crushing more but somehow must be visable enough for the crowd of 8000+ to see and understand. Thanks to one and all. I think the final results will be posted on Dr.Todds site, and we have a couple of thousand pictures and video to be put up on the Sorinex.com site. My sincere thanks to Rich Williams for showing me and the rest of the world what is humanly possible in grip.RS

My sincere thanks to Rich Williams for showing me and the rest of the world what is humanly possible in grip.RS

Richard - are you sure about that - I think he might have an ancestor or two on planet Krypton. :)

I put a post in the competitions section of the board but I did want to give full credit for the strongest crew of gripmen ever assembled.They all trained hard and some traveled far. Their spirit, strength, and gift to grip they gave will all help "the child of grip"to grow. I can't say enough good about evey single man trying their best but, "saying is a lot easier than doing" these men all brought IT to the stage. A few flashes stuck in my mind, Jedds warlike determination, Steve Gardners resolve to go on even with a nasty thigh injury, Wades quiet, steady strength,Tex and Rich fired up like I never have seen them, Andrew Durnaits absolute crane like ability at a relitively light body weight, Chad there stonefaced and giving it "everything" he had.Odd Haugen a former Word's strongest man competitor even at 60 was a force to be reconed with Monster 500 @ 2 reps for 4th place. A real delight was a seeing more European involvement with alternate Sergi Romanchuck going at it with average size hands and carrying the Jowett anvil nearly 24' for a solid third place.Mark Felix mountain of strength and muscle going heads up with everyone using his huge hands and competitive spirit. Next year I think will be even better after the first one is under our belt and men of grip proving themselves worthy on a world stage. New events may be added involving pinching and crushing more but somehow must be visable enough for the crowd of 8000+ to see and understand. Thanks to one and all. I think the final results will be posted on Dr.Todds site, and we have a couple of thousand pictures and video to be put up on the Sorinex.com site. My sincere thanks to Rich Williams for showing me and the rest of the world what is humanly possible in grip.RS

YES, Rich's axle performance was absolutely unreal. This was the Kinney #4 close of thickbar IMO. Never seen anything like it.

Did anyone notice that in the Anvil event, Rich just grabbed the anvil's cone in like a second? I mean, he didn't stop to set his grip or anything, it seemed to me (I could be wrong) that he just put his paw over it and squeezed... that man is unbelievable.

Did anyone notice that in the Anvil event, Rich just grabbed the anvil's cone in like a second? I mean, he didn't stop to set his grip or anything, it seemed to me (I could be wrong) that he just put his paw over it and squeezed... that man is unbelievable.

For those unaware, allow me to enlighten. Chad, Steve, Jedd, Odd, and Wade all had trouble getting the thing off the ground, let alone carrying it any distance. They all prepped the handle and gave some thought to the lift. Rich almost didn't even stop between walking to the anvil and walking with the anvil. Incredible.

For those unaware, allow me to enlighten. Chad, Steve, Jedd, Odd, and Wade all had trouble getting the thing off the ground, let alone carrying it any distance. They all prepped the handle and gave some thought to the lift. Rich almost didn't even stop between walking to the anvil and walking with the anvil. Incredible.

Actually the Anvil was my best event with a 4th place. I went 17.5 feet to Sergei's 22 feet, Tex's 32 feet, and Rich's 32+ feet. I was pretty jacked up and the surface was perfect when I went so I was surprised how easy it came up for me then I took off too fast and kicked it. But yes, it was a beast and most guys struggled to find the handle unlike Rich who just grabbed it and took off. I tried the same strategy on the inch but that was a mistake.

Actually the Anvil was my best event with a 4th place. I went 17.5 feet to Sergei's 22 feet, Tex's 32 feet, and Rich's 32+ feet. I was pretty jacked up and the surface was perfect when I went so I was surprised how easy it came up for me then I took off too fast and kicked it. But yes, it was a beast and most guys struggled to find the handle unlike Rich who just grabbed it and took off. I tried the same strategy on the inch but that was a mistake.

Oh that's right. I forgot exactly who took it for much distance. If memory serves, Steve was right behind you in that event too.

Oh that's right. I forgot exactly who took it for much distance. If memory serves, Steve was right behind you in that event too.

Felix was 5th and I think Andrew was 6th and Steve 7th or vice versa.

Felix was 5th and I think Andrew was 6th and Steve 7th or vice versa.

Haha! I'll go with you on this one. You'd know better than myself. I just remember Steve saying he was surprised that he beat the guys he did in that event.

Oh, I've got it! Steve was telling me the order that you were all going in one of the last events. That's where he told me he was right behind you, not in the placings. Nevermind. Brain fart.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Guys, lots of good strongman and Mighty Mitts pictures and results on www.arnoldstrongmanclassic.com

• 2 weeks later...

Another good video: