• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rico300zx

• Rick Walker

• pexter

• Jedd Johnson

Guest Bullitt

Just talked to Jedd. Typo on start time. We will be starting at 11:30 AM not 10:30. We'll still go 3-4 hours.

Edited by Bullitt

Hey guys. 11:30 start time. I messed up. Please do not arrive before 11:30.

I haven't yet been successful at recording a live stream. I am not really sure how that works. Any pointers?

I haven't yet been successful at recording a live stream. I am not really sure how that works. Any pointers?

Jedd I tried the last couple times and it totally did not work. I want to try and come up I start school next week so if it works out here at home ill be there. I've been training for the comp lifts except for grippers so id love to train with the guys.

Rico

here's who we have so far for next Saturday.

Jedd

Mike

Brent

Frank

Rick

Chuck

Joe

Maybes:

Rico

Mike K.

Tommy

Anybody else in?

Man, wish I could make the trek out!

- Aaron

what happened to the live stream today? i was really bummin especially since i couldnt be there.

rico

what happened to the live stream today? i was really bummin especially since i couldnt be there.

rico

The poltergeist broke it.

rico

The poltergeist broke it.

:) :) :)

Guest Bullitt

Craziest workout I've ever done. Not sure I'll be able to use my hands for the next few days.

Started with MM3 attempts for Frank and I. I'll let Frank report on his attempts, but I missed badly on first, 1/8th on second, and 1/16th or less on third. It's definitely closeable. Will give it another shot in a few weeks and hit some squats beforehand. I was really surprised on 1st attempt. Apparently someone stuck and eraser between the handles when i wasn't looking. That's a stout gripper. Especially at the close. It will go down soon though.

I know i'll forget something, but here is what we did after that, to the best of my recollection. Everything was humming. We had an order and as soon as one person was done, the next guy moved in.

- 2HP singles - rising bar. I think the weight got up to 230, with Jedd the only guy still playing at that weight.

- Grippers: 5 rounds each hand.

- 2HP with bands. We kept adding bands. Did speed reps and timed holds under pressure. Then did reps at the top of the range. Brutal!

- 1" vbar: This got up to 363 I think, with Jedd still the only one able to get it. Barbe and i both got air with around 347.

- anvil: 125lb anvil for reps and time. Then 50lbs added to bring it just above the Jowett anvil that Jedd will be lifting at Mighty mitts.

- 2" vbar: I think Barbe got the most here with 260 or 270. I was very happy to get 250 at this point in the day.

- 2.25" axle. Weight got up to 365# on this.

- Then we all got in a conga line and hit a 5 station medley over and over again. I think everyone went through 10 times or so. It was a 45# block weight, slater bell (127# 2.5" handle) for reps, 1 hand narrow pinch for reps, 1 hand WIDE pinch for reps, FBBC bomb with weight for reps.

- Rolling thunder type handle with some weight on it I can't remember.

It was 4 1/2 hours of non-stop grip. I mean non-stop. There is no way you could get through this workout and not be stronger.

I will say it again, if you have a chance to workout at Jedd's DO NOT pass it up! Oh and Frank lifted the fatman.

Ernie and John were great guys. Ernie has incredible finger strength (CRAZY STRONG)! John (Pexter was one strong dude too)

It was also great meeting Rick Walker too. He and I have become friends through the board, but it's always fun to actually meet you guys in person. Rick has done a ton to help me with my deadlift and other things. He's a great guy and his family was incredibly nice as well.

As usual, Delrayne (I hope that spelling is close :unsure ) made great food for us afterward. It's pretty much my favorite part of any trip to Jedd's.

Edited by Bullitt

Strong lifts Mike. Too bad about the mm3 I guess you missed the thread about beards awile back.....

Rico

Guest Bullitt

Strong lifts Mike. Too bad about the mm3 I guess you missed the thread about beards awile back.....

Rico

Yea, had I kept the goatee with the new mohawk, I probably could have repped it. :laugh:tongue

a lot of the weights we did were actually pretty light since we were moving so fast. fr instance on 2hp we started at a weight, went through the people, added another weight and started again. it might have been 2-3 minutes between attempts if that. I think that flying through all the pinch and grippers and jumping right into the 1" kept the numbers down some. after that we slowed down a little but kept the intensity up.

something I learned(that I really already knew) was that my thick pinch is way stronger than my thin. at the end I had nothing left in the thin are but my block weights were still okay. I had already started working on that and I guess I just need to keep it up.

as always it was nice to get together with everyone. and a big thank you to jed and delrayne for having us all over.

brent

notice that I spelled jed with only one d.

I had a good time and I am glad I made the trek up this time.

Every lift I did was a PR. This was mostly due to not ever touching most of the implements. I 2-hand pinched 180 something and broke 190 something up a couple inches. V-barred 270ish and broke 315ish an inch or so. I hit 205ish or so on the 2" vbar pretty easy, but my forearms were screaming so I didnt try another attempt. I closed an easy #3 and missed a cal'd #3 at 146 or something by a credit card thickness. I am weird with grippers, I can take them right down to about 1/16 and hold them and carry on a conversation, but I cant for the life of me finish the damn close. :online I then joined in the conga line of implements and destroyed my hands. My forearms and hands are smoked. I guess that is what I get for not training grip... :whacked

It was great to see my old pal Jedd and Delraine again. Delraine and my wife had a lot in common, so they seemed to hit it off. :whistel I missed Jedder and I think I am going to try to get up there one weekend a month, maybe more, to hit some sessions with him. I am not gung-ho grip like he is, but I think just being able to get a session in with him once a month will elevate my game enough to make me competitive. Jedd is just crazy strong and determined.

Mike is a great dude! I knew as soon as I met him I liked him. No nonsense, straight up fella, which is hard as hell to come by in any iron sport. My kids loved his mohawk and though he certainly didnt have to, he made every attempt to talk to the kids every time he saw them. Thanks brother! :mosher I expect some videos soon of that fatman getting air, and if you work that deadlift form like that last rep you did at Jedds, you are going to get better. Break it down to build it back up! You are certainly strong enough.

Brent is a strong mofo and I think he just about the only guy who was in the background keeping up with Jedder. He stepped up to a heavy vbar, like walking out of the fog (actually a chalk cloud) and yanked it to about 1/4 away from 2" then looked at Jedd and said something like, "Next time you better get it!" We were all hollering! Not in Jedd's house! LOL!

Frank is a strong, young mofo. He has a lot of potential, and if he stays focused, he could be competitive in pro strongman. I would love to live closer to this young man and put him through some squat and deadlift workouts. He is an untapped potential, a powder keg waiting to explode. With some focus and consistency, you are going to be a force.

It is always nice to see Mannino. He is crazy strong all around and if he focused on grip, he would be a force as well. John makes some incredible grip toys, and that thick pinch implement he made was the death of my hands. I am the opposite, my thin pinch was still good, my thick was GONE.

In all it was a great time with some strong dudes. I think I might start training a bit again, I can certainly see where my weaknesses are. Jedd...lets get together once a month for an assault like this. The women can do women things and we can hunt and kill bear...or do grip, which ever.

-Rick

Thanx for the comments guys!!! Ernie and I had a blast! Thanx for the great training day @ Jedds' Pitt !(The Garage Gym!)Mr. soon to be Big Daddy Jedd Johnson.The whole experience motavated me to start training grip again!

Time for Johnny-steel to awaken!!!

Looking foward to the next time we meet up again @ Jedds'

Killer cookies and grip training fit nice together!

Strong lifts Rick

Nice reports Mike and Rick! Glad you guys had a great time. Some very nice 1" and 2" vbar action there!

rico

it quit working, so i pulled it... i was missing lifts so i said to hell with it.

i had a great time. Thanks to everyone for coming up and pushing me.