2010 Goals

climber511

750/450/765

250 RT, new handle, both hands

Do an APA strength sports comp, stict OHP 315, pull something big, strict curl 185

SIX PACK ABZ

im with Rex, id like to work on the my waistline a little, ill take my goals as a can get them, school is tough for me right now. id also like to improve on:

2hp over 200lbs

rico

Rico, I was not sincere about the abs as a goal, but at the same time I wouldn't mind having them if they didn't hurt strength. The big waistline really boosts overhead strength.

Rex,

Yea that's a prob, and your right too, when I loose a little there, there goes my strength to not all of it but I can tell. But being in nursing school I can tell you that a lot of issues arise from fat around the midline for men as you age. Your a lot younger that me so you may not care now, but this becomes something to consider when us guys are older. My prob is I think of it but don't do much about it. Because right now I am happy with myself.

Rico

750/450/765

Do an APA strength sports comp, stict OHP 315, pull something big, strict curl 185

SIX PACK ABZ

im with Rex, id like to work on the my waistline a little, ill take my goals as a can get them, school is tough for me right now. id also like to improve on:

2hp over 200lbs

rico

Rico, I was not sincere about the abs as a goal, but at the same time I wouldn't mind having them if they didn't hurt strength. The big waistline really boosts overhead strength.

You can have a big muscular waist or just be fat - one is OK - the other maybe not so much.

750/450/765

SIX PACK ABZ

2hp over 200lbs

rico

You can have a big muscular waist or just be fat - one is OK - the other maybe not so much.

I agree, i just cant see how fat helps with strength...but hey this is a topic for another thread i think?

My Goals 2010

1. Leoko 2*25kg Left hand

2. Powerdisc loadable 52.5kg (Finnish Record )

3. Pinch Apparat OH 60kg

4. Leoko 2*20kg Two finger lift

5. 2HP Euro 100kg

6. 4*10kg Left hand

7. 6*5kg Left hand

8. RT 95kg left/90kg right

9. Fatbar 50mm 175kg

10. Fatbar 50mm OH 80kg

Yessir. But for this year, instead of just naming a bunch of miscellaneous feats that I probably won't even train for, I made a list of things that I really plan on accomplishing.

230lb 2hp

Inch

MM3

MM4

MM5

600lb deadlift

365lb bench

I'll take everything else as it comes. I'd really like to lift the fatman clone, but I'm not really sure how attainable that is for this year. It's ridiculous.

Edit: Make that 405lb.

Yessir. But for this year, instead of just naming a bunch of miscellaneous feats that I probably won't even train for, I made a list of things that I really plan on accomplishing.

230lb 2hp

Inch

MM3

MM4

MM5

600lb deadlift

365lb bench

I'll take everything else as it comes. I'd really like to lift the fatman clone, but I'm not really sure how attainable that is for this year. It's ridiculous.

Edit: Make that 405lb.

Overachiever..... lol good luck Frank

Lots of grip goals but those are for my workout log.

1 unusual goal is to perform at least 100,000 jumping jacks before 2011. Thaty averages out to be 275 jumping jacks everyday. I am writing down how many I got before bed every night and getting totals for each month to see if I am on track. If I slack off I might have a whole lotta jumping jacks to do on New Years Eve!

• 2 weeks later...

i got a couple that i have been trying for a while now, but hopefully theyre going down this year.

#3 close both hands

pull 200+ on rt with both hands

do 100 v-ups non-stop

500 hindu squats non-stop

at least 1 pistol each leg

• 1 month later...

I don't know how many of you remember my 60 - 60 list I did from age 56 to 60 but I have now started on the 65 x 65 list - started at age 61 and have until 65 to do it. Time will tell.

Maybe a bit late, but here's my list

Rep the #3.5

100 kg / 220 lbs Rolling Thunder (new handle)

200 kg / 440 lbs squat

150 kg / 330 lbs bench

270 kg / 596 lbs deadlift

One arm chins. All lifts @ ~90 - 95 kg / 200 - 210 lbs bodyweight.

And last but not least, brew some really good beer!

• 3 months later...

270 kg deadlift goal reached! :D

It may be a little late to add goals here since it's half way through the year but since I didn't start grip training until a couple months ago I'll add my grip goals now.

MM0

#3 Cert

Lift the Blob50

#175 RT

Inch DB

Nice job!!!

Thank you :)

It may be a little late to add goals here since it's half way through the year but since I didn't start grip training until a couple months ago I'll add my grip goals now.

MM0

#3 Cert

Lift the Blob50

#175 RT

Inch DB

It's not too late until next year ;)

I think it's very important to have goals. Both short-term and long-term goals. My next mid-term deadlift-goal is 300 kg :mosher

• 8 months later...

Get my MM1

2hp 200 +

2 45's pinch

300 + axle

Get my bodyweight over 200.

Have a crap load of fun training with my homies and hitting PR's . phone.gif

How did everybody do on their goals ? The only one I hit was my MM1. I did get a 300 axle pull but not on a IM axle in a comp.