Hearting Shoes

d.sides

Once the shoe is past 180. Any tips for hand positioning/squeezing the legs together?

Trying a SCF lite rim 3 and am stuck at @ 260 degrees.

Thanks in advance

Doug

First off, great job on the Lite 3's Doug!!! We going to see you at Gripmas this year?

For me, the "click" moment was when I was super pumped with adrenaline and just pushed through what I thought was bad pain. Turns out, I was just being a wuss. I just posted my hands high on the inside of my knees and squeezed while trying almost Heslep style bend the ends of the shoe. The end of the shoe legs were digging almost straight into my palms, I never end up getting the shoe much past 180 before going for a heart, so it always hurts :(

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

The key is as much wrist as push. You need to twist with the wrists as you push. I have only ever hearted 1 lite rim 3. Those are hard shoes to heart. You are doing real good if you can heart one of thoses shoes!

Thanks guys. I am pretty seriously stuck at this point Nick, it'll be a while but I'm trying.

Zach, much as I'd love to come, the economy killed me this year along with the H1N1. Goals changed from grip to getting the front squat over 300 this summer and I just recently made that. Next year I definitely will compete. I already promised Chris.

D

First off, great job on the Lite 3's Doug!!! We going to see you at Gripmas this year?

For me, the "click" moment was when I was super pumped with adrenaline and just pushed through what I thought was bad pain. Turns out, I was just being a wuss. I just posted my hands high on the inside of my knees and squeezed while trying almost Heslep style bend the ends of the shoe. The end of the shoe legs were digging almost straight into my palms, I never end up getting the shoe much past 180 before going for a heart, so it always hurts :(

yup it helps to sure to get it past 180. Work on getting as much out of the crush down as you can to get it past 180.

This video gives you a good look at the wrist and legs working together when I heart the shoe. Edited by nickr104

• 2 weeks later...

Doug, dont have any tips becaus ei never bend shoes but i am happy because a "new fresh and powerfull Doug" will emerge into the grip world! go for it bro!