Kerckhaert Sn #3 Front Clipped (8mm X 25mm)

EricMilfeld

David Wigren was kind enough to send me one of these shoes to see how it would rank relative to the other shoes on the Texas Horseshoe Twisters list. I would say the crush feels only slightly easier than the Diamond Special #5.

Here's a video:

I don't know how they make people this strong. That shoe is insane!!! You are the man to chase at the moment. :bow:bow:bow

I don't know how they make people this strong. That shoe is insane!!! You are the man to chase at the moment. :bow:bow:bow

Thanks again, David! But just wait till Carl gets healed up! He and I could really push each other. And what about David Wigren? ;) You're only a good workout away from getting the SN#3 front clipped!

After my meet this weekend, for which I will have to weigh 181, I think I might put some weight back on and see if it helps my shoe bending. I suspect it will help only to a point, as I feel that wrist strength plays a big part in the crush, in particular.

I don't know how they make people this strong. That shoe is insane!!! You are the man to chase at the moment. bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif

I 100% agree with David! You are like Gazza of Horseshoes Eric!!mosher.gif Incredible jobbowdown.gif

Thanks again, David! But just wait till Carl gets healed up! He and I could really push each other. And what about David Wigren? ;) You're only a good workout away from getting the SN#3 front clipped!

After my meet this weekend, for which I will have to weigh 181, I think I might put some weight back on and see if it helps my shoe bending. I suspect it will help only to a point, as I feel that wrist strength plays a big part in the crush, in particular.

I actually tried and got the shoe to 180 but my cameraman thought I had 5 minutes and didn't tell me the time so it took just over 3 minutes :angry:

Hmm you and I have completly different crushdown techniques. I hardly use wrists at all during the crushdown. I just keep my arms straight and use abdominom strength and body torgue for the crushdown. It was the most effective technique I thought at the beginning and I just stuck with it. Or that under the leg pull.

Eric have you tried any of theese techniques or do you consider your current technique better since you can also use wrist strength at the same time?

I actually tried and got the shoe to 180 but my cameraman thought I had 5 minutes and didn't tell me the time so it took just over 3 minutes :angry:

Hmm you and I have completly different crushdown techniques. I hardly use wrists at all during the crushdown. I just keep my arms straight and use abdominom strength and body torgue for the crushdown. It was the most effective technique I thought at the beginning and I just stuck with it. Or that under the leg pull.

Eric have you tried any of theese techniques or do you consider your current technique better since you can also use wrist strength at the same time?

Nice work, David! I would have to fire that cameraman, though. :laugh

I don't seem to have any sort of leverage going on for the more upright position. My long arms certainly factor into the lack of leverage. I did try your leg pull technique after watching you do it and discovered it didn't give me any noticeable advantage. I might be able to train it for a while with some success. With my crush technique I do get quite a bit of abdominal involvement, and the wrist involvement is static, as I lock my wrists to transfer all the upper body force into the shoe.

Man Eric you are incredible on these shoes!

Can you describe your crush technique since I have a horrible time watching vids?

Tim

Man Eric you are incredible on these shoes!

Can you describe your crush technique since I have a horrible time watching vids?

Tim

Thanks, Tim!

Now that I think about it, I can't recall anyone else crushing shoes exactly like I do. I'll do my best to describe the technique. First off, I don't need much of an initial bend posting it on the side of my thigh. Usually 45 degrees or so is enough to start crushing it. From here I will place a hand on each leg as I brace the tops of my hands under my stomach. I get a very wide stance. Imagine the stance you would assume stretching out before you go jogging (both toes pointed forward, feet in line with each other, torso twisted so your stomach is facing the same direction as your toes, back knee almost touching the ground, and back foot positioned on its ball). What is unique about the way I do it is my very wide stance coupled with my torso being bent very far forward. Also, I don't push down statically like most, instead, I bounce every downward exertion. And I exert downward force in bursts of 3 to 5 hits. As the shoe nears completion I focus on posting and bracing my left hand tight between my stomach and upper thigh as I crank the other leg with my right hand. Most important about this right hand cranking is the fact that I don't just push down towards the ground, but rather, I try and apply the force in the natural direction the shoe will bend (this means down and forward). For this reason, loose shorts will tend to slide down my thigh when I completing the bend. Also, I keep the shoe as close to my stomach as possible, as opposed to further down the top of my leg. I don't use any padding on my thighs, but have noticed that denim is the only acceptable material for your pants or shorts. That was a mouthful. Tim, maybe you should just drive to Cowtown and bend a few with me. :laugh

I've tried that technique a couple of times now and I do feel that it could be effective. I plan to work on it every now and then for a few months and see if it ever surpasses my regular way of crushing

I've tried that technique a couple of times now and I do feel that it could be effective. I plan to work on it every now and then for a few months and see if it ever surpasses my regular way of crushing

Oh, cool. It will be interesting to see if it does develop to be your strongest technique.

Eric,

We may have a little in common in the shoe bending except that you're WAY better. I'm right handed and I extend my right leg way out to the front and I too start with only a 45 degree bend or so. Like you say kinda like stretching. I also tend to bounce as well and I use my stomache to push my hands. Only thing is that I have the shoe resting on the top of my thigh instead of inside and I definately have to use a towel since that rounded part digs in.

Next time I send you a cert vid I may have to bend whatever kind of shoe just to let you critique my style.

Great job again!

Tim

Eric,

We may have a little in common in the shoe bending except that you're WAY better. I'm right handed and I extend my right leg way out to the front and I too start with only a 45 degree bend or so. Like you say kinda like stretching. I also tend to bounce as well and I use my stomache to push my hands. Only thing is that I have the shoe resting on the top of my thigh instead of inside and I definately have to use a towel since that rounded part digs in.

Next time I send you a cert vid I may have to bend whatever kind of shoe just to let you critique my style.

Great job again!

Tim

Yeah, I'd like to see your form!

Eric you keep inspiring me to get stronger. Big Crip up.