Starting The Im Pad Training[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz3w

Skic

Hope to hit a bunch of stuff in IM pads, I want that Bastard reverse more, so I am working hard at both. When I get the stones, I want to cert on the Red DU the whole way crush down and all :upsidedwn . I'll keep ya, posted how it's going.SKIC

Great job on the IMP! I'm impressed that you can use the Modified DU with the thin pads too. I only did that a few times with IMP because it hurt my fingers too much to not use the more traditional method.

Great job on the IMP! I'm impressed that you can use the Modified DU with the thin pads too. I only did that a few times with IMP because it hurt my fingers too much to not use the more traditional method.

What exactly do you mean by "Modified DU" Ben? I've seen that term thrown around before, but I have no idea what it means.

What exactly do you mean by "Modified DU" Ben? I've seen that term thrown around before, but I have no idea what it means.

It's not a derogatory term of course. Just means that the pads are more out towards the end of the bar like most wrap their DO bends. It is more efficient than what I consider "traditional" DU - meaning that the pads are much closer together and the pinkies are almost touching in the middle of the bar. I first saw Booyah bend with the Modified DU form. And it is spectacularly efficient when you get used to it.

Just thought of an easier way to describe the difference between "Modified" and "traditional" DU.

-In traditional DU there is much more dynamic wrist strength involved. The wrists are actively moving the bar through a range of motion.

-In Modified DU the wrists are held statically. Static wrist strength is the main way the force is transferred to the bar. Especially for the start of the bend.

We will just call it Booyah, like Ostlund or slim style, big props! If you bend a shiny in your teeth you call it anything you want!

Just thought of an easier way to describe the difference between "Modified" and "traditional" DU.

-In traditional DU there is much more dynamic wrist strength involved. The wrists are actively moving the bar through a range of motion.

-In Modified DU the wrists are held statically. Static wrist strength is the main way the force is transferred to the bar. Especially for the start of the bend.

Sorry to hijack your thread Skic, but hopefully this is helpful for you as well :D

DO you have any videos of the traditional DU Ben? I think I've only ever seen or done DU the modified way.

DO you have any videos of the traditional DU Ben? I think I've only ever seen or done DU the modified way.

Yeah, here's one I'm particularly fond of, although it's far from being my best traditional DU bend. It was my first 6" Red DU. Won a little race with Franky in the process!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs0ZyqdzipU

Pretty smallish wraps too. Felt about like Ironmind Pads.

Yeah, here's one I'm particularly fond of, although it's far from being my best traditional DU bend. It was my first 6" Red DU. Won a little race with Franky in the process!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qs0ZyqdzipU

That's a sick bend Benmosher.gifmosher.gifmosher.gif Not too many people bending that kind of steel traditional DU and especially in those small wraps. They look even smaller than IM wrapsblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifbowdown.gif Great job!!

Edited by naturalstrength

That's a sick bend Benmosher.gifmosher.gifmosher.gif Not too many people bending that kind of steel traditional DU and especially in those small wraps. They look even smaller than IM wrapsblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifbowdown.gif Great job!!

Thanks buddy! Really appreciate that from a terrific all-around bender like you. :D

I will give the traditional(Ben -Bend) a shot too! I must have missed that video from before, super tough bend! I watched most great DU's just missed this one. Gazza shiny is sick traditional also, you guys wrote the book. I still love the Booyah bend best suites my build.

Sorry to hijack your thread Skic, but hopefully this is helpful for you as well :D

.... Dude, watch literally any of Gazza's DU bends

The only DU of his I think I've seen is the 2x10mm SS, which aside from being an insane feat and having the wraps closer together, I don't really see a lot of difference in the way he moves. Maybe I just don't know what to look for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs0ZyqdzipU

Definitely, very awesome Ben! I particularly like the printed-on-paper protractor, lol.

Edited by easyWeight

.... Dude, watch literally any of Gazza's DU bends

The only DU of his I think I've seen is the 2x10mm SS, which aside from being an insane feat and having the wraps closer together, I don't really see a lot of difference in the way he moves. Maybe I just don't know what to look for.

:P Don't know what I was thinking there, it was just a single 10mm DU that I'm thinking of...got it mixed up with his 2xShiny.