Golden Bastard Do

Skic

My link

My first DO with the Golden Bastard, real fun stuff to bend. Hit a DU with the Big Bastard also, and 5 dimes which I didn't know much about, do you deadlift them or hold for a certain amount of time? I just picked them up this time for a try, not really hard I think 6 is the bench mark? Skic :blush

Great bend!

That stuff is like bending rubber that keeps returning to its original position. :laugh

Well done!

Please excuse my ignorance but what is a golden bastard?

Thank you

Mitch

Are brass round bars stronger or weaker than steel hrs of the same size? What about crs? (on average)

I thought brass was weaker than steel but from the OP's post I'm not sure anymore.

Are brass round bars stronger or weaker than steel hrs of the same size? What about crs? (on average)

I thought brass was weaker than steel but from the OP's post I'm not sure anymore.

Brass is MUCH easier("weaker") in steel of the same dimensions compared to CRS(HRS too) The golden bastard is easier to kink compared to bastard(5/16), but the crush is a tad more difficult. It behaves similarly to stainless, getting tougher on the crushdown, etc.

They are not too difficult(golden bastards). If you can bend a bastard, the golden bastard is surely yours(slightly tougher on the last 1/4 inch crush). At least that was my personal experience.

Edited by naturalstrength

Brass is MUCH easier("weaker") in steel of the same dimensions compared to CRS(HRS too) The golden bastard is easier to kink compared to bastard(5/16), but the crush is a tad more difficult. It behaves similarly to stainless, getting tougher on the crushdown, etc.

They are not too difficult(golden bastards). If you can bend a bastard, the golden bastard is surely yours(slightly tougher on the last 1/4 inch crush). At least that was my personal experience.

Carl, did you do a reverse on one of these yet? Like to see it! The red looked sweet , should feel close maybe easier off the start. I might try one soon reverse it's coming slowly, but coming.