1/4" Cut G8 For Steel Slayer List

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Was pretty bummed that the 5/16 only cal'd at 435 lbs so Eric suggested I cut down a 1/4" G8 to 6" exactly and that should put it up around 500 lbs. So I did. Bent it this morning. Probably not the best idea I have had since I hit bench and grippers last night, but it went. The 1/8" or so I cut off made it quite a bit harder than the standard 1/4" G8. Surprised me. When Eric told me that would make a 20lb or so difference, I doubted him. Will never do that again. :laugh

Unless you like watching paint dry. The bend starts at about 7:30.

I'll send twin of this one to Eric on Monday.

That's more like it, Mike. It looked as if you broke a sweat this time. :D

:rock

Guest Bullitt

That's more like it, Mike. It looked as if you broke a sweat this time. :D

:rock

And then some. I didn't think cutting that little bit off would make such a huge difference. Silly me. :D

Nice Job, and i like the 2x you used, mothing like a little overkill :laugh

Thanks Mike. 2x???

The pressure treated 2 x 12 that you have as a table top with the 1-1/4" hole in it. It just made me laugh when i saw the size that all. It makes the hole soooo small in comparison.

Guest Bullitt

Nice bend Mike! You'll be bending shorty G8s too before long.

Thanks bro!

The pressure treated 2 x 12 that you have as a table top with the 1-1/4" hole in it. It just made me laugh when i saw the size that all. It makes the hole soooo small in comparison.

Haha, yea, it's my "bending table." :laugh I just had my deck reinforced and that piece fell off their truck. :whistel

Man I love this stuff. I can't wait until I'm bending big stuff like you guys. :rock

Nice bend Mike! It looks like you're making some good progress. Keep it up!

Mike,

Now its time to think "seriously" about what u really want ... i mean ... One huge bastard would be great! u are making really good progress bro! congrats! :mosher

Guest Bullitt

Mike,

Now its time to think "seriously" about what u really want ... i mean ... One huge bastard would be great! u are making really good progress bro! congrats! :mosher

Thanks Hugo!!! Once the MM2 is done with, I will give the bigger steel a run. Right now, I need to concentrate on my grippers.