My Son Doing His Second Real Bend

EricMilfeld

Timmy, my 10 year old, had a go at bending tonight. He did really well, managing to brace bend a 3/16" x 6" piece of hrs that calibrates at 105 pounds, 40 pounds over his bodyweight! :rock

So, what do you fellow parents think about a youngster's braced bending list for kids 12 and under? I'm gonna go ahead and do it anyways, but feel free to voice your opinion. :laugh If nothing else, it will put a big dent in the 'ol TV and video game time. I think both boys and girls would get a kick out of this. I know I will.

Guest Bullitt

Timmy, my 10 year old, had a go at bending tonight. He did really well, managing to brace bend a 3/16" x 6" piece of hrs that calibrates at 105 pounds, 40 pounds over his bodyweight! :rock

So, what do you fellow parents think about a youngster's braced bending list for kids 12 and under? I'm gonna go ahead and do it anyways, but feel free to voice your opinion. :laugh If nothing else, it will put a big dent in the 'ol TV and video game time. I think both boys and girls would get a kick out of this. I know I will.

Awesome stuff Eric. A future Steel Slayer for sure. The kid's list is a great idea. My son is too old, but my twins still have a few months. They would definitely get a kick out of it.

Great video. Awesome job Timmy!!! :rock :rock :rock

Eric, I think that would be a great idea. Too bad my son is only 3. He has DO'd two 5" pieces of clothes hanger taped together though. In IM pads, no less. :tongue

Awesome job, Timmy!! :rock:rock Yep, cool kid and he'd already impressed me with his video game abilities. Looking forward to watching the new list!

Great job Timmy, now this list is something i think my 11 year old daughter will enjoy. Great idea

Great job Timmy, now this list is something i think my 11 year old daughter will enjoy. Great idea

Cool and strong kid!

You should be proud! :rock

If he keeps up he will mash the Red Roaster in record time! :mosher

Great bend for the little guy and the list should turn out to be a success. :rock Now, if you can get your wife bending and whip up a list for the women you'll cement your legend status for good. :laugh

Way to go Timmy!!!

Good bending there youngster.

Next time wear your "gripper necklace" I gave you.

It will give you "power". :tongue

Eric, i love the idea!

This way there will be a huge amount of good/excellent benders at a very young age.

Edited by ewokhugo

Thanks, ya'll! Timmy really appreciates all the support.

Perry, if I could ever convince my wife to bend steel I would definitely be a legend! :laugh

Joe, next time he will definitely wear the "Necklace of Power". ;) I use mine as a cool key chain ornament.

He's actually getting pretty enthused about the bending. He's bugging me to take him to get some 3/16" square hrs now. :mosher

And yesterday he beat his PR with a 5" piece of that same 3/16" round hrs. It turned into a 5 minute battle. :rock

Thanks, guys!

Here's a video of a 150lb. 3/16" x 6" square bar he did tonight:

Guest Bullitt

Thanks, guys!

Here's a video of a 150lb. 3/16" x 6" square bar he did tonight:

Had to do a doubletake. I thought that was Zach Coulter for a minute, with the long hair and no shoes. :laugh

Great bend Timmy!

Nice job! I'm wondering where you find those neat sizes of HRS.

I like the idea of a list and have even submitted a few of Chris's bends for the braced bending list of David's but they seem to gain and lose interest quite a bit and I hate making them do something they don't want to.

Nice bends Timmy!

Nice name too!!!!

Tim

Tim, I found the steel at home Depot. I also noticed they no longer carry crs. It's all hrs.

Yeah, I'm with you on the not pushing them into it policy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overjustification_effect

This is one reason why I stopped selling my bends to private collectors.

-Rex

Interesting. I should probably take back the Ferrari I gave to Timmy. Dang. I was looking forward to driving it, too.

And speaking of my little bending addict, he took down a 3/16" x 5.5" piece of square just now. Looks like it's time to work on the 1/4" round hrs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overjustification_effect

This is one reason why I stopped selling my bends to private collectors.

-Rex

I'm glad I'm doing the right thing by saying 'nice feat, Rex!' rather than, say, promising you money or girls' phone numbers. I 'm here for you, bud. :rock