Where Did Everyone Go?

naturalstrength

well I personally go tout of all strength sports for some unknown reason. well its known reason im lazy but acouple weeks ago i was at a local Tractor Supply store and was screwing around with the cashier and said hey if i bend this bolt can i get a discount and he said go ahead and try. haha I hadent bent anything in a couple 3 years so i was like why did i open my mouth. it was a 6 inch grade 2 i know big chunk of steel there haha well i rolled it up in my tshirt bent it got a oh my god out of the cashier and got a 10% discount on my purchase so i got bit by the bending bug again started back at the gym and decided to attain these goals i had 3 years ago in bending so look forward to some stuff from me hopefully i know the toolbox i kept all bending stuff was mighty dusty and looks good all cleaned up haha

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• naturalstrength

• bencrush

• climber511

• The Natural

well I personally go tout of all strength sports for some unknown reason. well its known reason im lazy but acouple weeks ago i was at a local Tractor Supply store and was screwing around with the cashier and said hey if i bend this bolt can i get a discount and he said go ahead and try. haha I hadent bent anything in a couple 3 years so i was like why did i open my mouth. it was a 6 inch grade 2 i know big chunk of steel there haha well i rolled it up in my tshirt bent it got a oh my god out of the cashier and got a 10% discount on my purchase so i got bit by the bending bug again started back at the gym and decided to attain these goals i had 3 years ago in bending so look forward to some stuff from me hopefully i know the toolbox i kept all bending stuff was mighty dusty and looks good all cleaned up haha

Right on man! Glad to see you come back to bending. Keep at it and you'll hammer those goals.

I check the board out a couple times x week. Don't post much because I don't have much to say, or it doesn't intrest me. I've found most topics have been covered over and over.

Still training.

-HH

I guess my leaving has just really lead to this board falling apart. Sorry guys,I know you miss me, but I'll be back soon ;)

All I remember is someone teased you about not going to the woodall comp, and u never came back. Are you training againg now?

Rico

All I remember is someone teased you about not going to the woodall comp, and u never came back. Are you training againg now?

Rico

I was hibernating so Rex wouldn't have to be so terrified of me anymore. As much as I can with 4 herniated discs in my low back. I'm working on physical therapy, but I've still got about 25 pounds and 90% of my strength missing somewhere.

Rico

I was hibernating so Rex wouldn't have to be so terrified of me anymore. As much as I can with 4 herniated discs in my low back. I'm working on physical therapy, but I've still got about 25 pounds and 90% of my strength missing somewhere.

Derek,

I am sorry to hear about your herniated discs. I hope you heal up quickly!!!

Rico

Ouch! All the best with the PT!

Rico

If you don't mind me asking, how did you injure yourself, Derek?

Derek

Your young enough to fully recover and then surpass everything you have done before so good luck and take it nice and steady time is on your side.

Rico

If you don't mind me asking, how did you injure yourself, Derek?

It was an injury that has been hanging around since last June when I lifted a couch awkwardly helping my aunt and uncle move and it was reaggravated by sitting in a car for 7 hours driving to and from San Diego for a concert. It's been in pain for a while, but it was only occasionally, then it became permanent.

Thanks Gazza, I'm being very patient towards this, but I'm still biting at the bit to get back to bending ;)

May the "Bending" forum on the Gripboard R.I.P.sad.gif

Haha even if that's the fact I'll still be bending. I think you will too.

• 4 weeks later...

I sidelined bending b/c life has gotten in the way of things recently, but also b/c it seemed that if I was bending, that's all I could do; everything else suffered due to injury or over training. After a while, that just got old. I may dabble in bending again here pretty soon with the new rules, but you can bet it will be reverse or DU. I am pretty much done with DO, and the mark I have left on it is fine with me. I am currently more interested in getting more flexible, bigger(squats and milk), and believe it or not, skateboarding!! I used to skate a lot back in the day, and with my son getting a board for Christmas, I went and bought a good one and found that after the cobwebs blew off, I still have it locked down for the most part.

I do still bend a little in my shows(8'' crescent wrench, frying pans, horseshoes,) but that's about it. The last thing I bent just for fun was a hard canadian 70d done reverse in tiny single leathers about 6 months ago.

Later,

-Foxy <><

I sidelined bending b/c life has gotten in the way of things recently, but also b/c it seemed that if I was bending, that's all I could do; everything else suffered due to injury or over training. After a while, that just got old. I may dabble in bending again here pretty soon with the new rules, but you can bet it will be reverse or DU. I am pretty much done with DO, and the mark I have left on it is fine with me. I am currently more interested in getting more flexible, bigger(squats and milk), and believe it or not, skateboarding!! I used to skate a lot back in the day, and with my son getting a board for Christmas, I went and bought a good one and found that after the cobwebs blew off, I still have it locked down for the most part.

I do still bend a little in my shows(8'' crescent wrench, frying pans, horseshoes,) but that's about it. The last thing I bent just for fun was a hard canadian 70d done reverse in tiny single leathers about 6 months ago.

Later,

-Foxy <><

It's good to see you back on the board Foxy - we missed you at Gripmas this year! You want to get "bigger"? You looked like a "silverback gorilla" last time I saw you!

Later,

-Foxy <><

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. It's been a slow road for me because of my other goals. I've been focusing a lot on my power clean as of late. Bending and those are like oil and water, but somehow I seem to keep some kind of balance, i.e. only bending once a week.

BTW, how are the squats going Foxy?

Edited by easyWeight

Always good to see you posting again Jeremiah! I hope your goals coalesce and take form this year.

i stopped using the forum cause of the new design.. i only use it for my traininglog. still bend from time to time

Here are tonight's bends. Nothing impressive, though I am on the path. One 6"x 1/4" section of CRS to warm up, and 3 60Ds. All bent with very thin suede wraps 10.5"x4", one wrap per side. I bend DU to kink and switch to DO to close. I am sure my form is horrible as I have never seen anyone bend in person that I could learn from. I bent these very quickly, and I try to explode into every kink and close. I hope to progress to the IM red and any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

auyu1i.jpg

Nice bending! If you're looking for help as to your bending form maybe post a video to be critiqued. There are quite a few experienced benders on here that may give you the tip of a lifetime if they see your style.

When you manage and DU red you'll definately have proven your metal as a bender. Have you tried any bolts gr2 or gr5's yet?