Tried Until My Face Bled

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Wanted to get a bastard in single wraps for the 7" steel slayer list. Hit it and hit it for 3 minutes straight. Felt like it wanted to go, but was only able to wobble it a few degrees in the 3 minute time limit. Afterward, I tried to move the huge bastard some more in singles (it was wobbled about 6 degrees) and no dice there either. Anyway, when I was done i went to the bathroom to clean up. I looked in the mirror and I must have busted some little capillaries in my face. All around my eyes and on my eyelids I have little red spots like tiny busted blood vessels. My wife said, "I didn't know bending could give you small pocks." HAHAHAHA

Well, at least I know I gave it pretty much everything I had. I look like crap, but hey, I wobbled a bastard in single wraps so it was well worth it. And I wasn't exactly Brad Pitt beforehand. :laugh

Next time, it dies. :angry:

haha!! you will get it next time!

Now thats a max effort, keep pushing yourself like that and you wil keep making progress FAST. Just don't get injured, be safe

That's awesome! Haha, I've never got that from bending before but I do get it once in a awhile from deadlifting.

Nice job Mike! I'm only able to JUST kink a bastard in singles, by that time I'm so spent I don't have the energy to finish it off :dry And most of the time I hold all my hits until I'm on the verge of blacking out, that's how I bend. Probably not the best idea but I can hold my hits twice as long and it gets the steel warmed up real nice. Keep 'er up man, you'll make the Steel Slayer list in no time. :rock

Guest Bullitt

Mike, why did you try for the Huge Bastard if you can't wobble the Bastard to begin with??blink.gif

I had a huge bastard I had wobbled to 6 degrees or so in doubles. Figured the 6" length might make it easier. So I gave it a shot. I wobbled the 7" bastard in singles a couple degrees. It's just hard to get the 7" steel up into my neck with my inflexible shoulders. I've killed a bastard in doubles too. Unlike a lot of guys on here that have trouble with the sweep and the crush, it's getting them started that kills me. Once they start to go, I can crush down pretty much anything I have bent with minimal trouble. I figured, the 6" huge was already started by quite a bit so why not. haha stupid me. :blush

If I can figure out how to get the bigger steel kinked, I will be rolling. Once I get something kinked, like the bastard i bent at GGC, I can smash it down quickly. I struggled with that bastard for over 2 minutes before it finally started and then it was smoked to two inches in about 30 seconds. Took off one set of wraps and got it down to 1 1/4" with one more hit. I figure isos on the harder steel will help me, but maybe I'm going about this all wrong. As always... :help:D

Ben Edwards sent me a program that I am sure he would share with you too Mike. It focuses on the kink, basically look for 1/4" pieces of stock in 7.5" and 8" lengths and work on kinking those, once you can get the flexibility to kink those pieces of stock larger pieces should be no problem. A guy of your strength would probably be best with longer hex and square pieces of 1/4" stock, 8" long round is still pretty easy.

I was going to post a video of Adam Glass' RKC armbar stretch but it seems that the video is now private on youtube, shame... that stretch has really helped me a great deal with my flexibility for DO bending. :dry

Guest Bullitt

Ben Edwards sent me a program that I am sure he would share with you too Mike. It focuses on the kink, basically look for 1/4" pieces of stock in 7.5" and 8" lengths and work on kinking those, once you can get the flexibility to kink those pieces of stock larger pieces should be no problem. A guy of your strength would probably be best with longer hex and square pieces of 1/4" stock, 8" long round is still pretty easy.

I was going to post a video of Adam Glass' RKC armbar stretch but it seems that the video is now private on youtube, shame... that stretch has really helped me a great deal with my flexibility for DO bending. :dry

Good idea Jonathan. I will try some longer stock. I think I have a piece of 8" X 5/16" drill rod that I can work with. I am able to get that at 7", so I'll give the longer piece a go next time I bend. I have been doing shoulder dislocations with a broom and they have helped, but the progress is slow. I dislocated both shoulders a few times playing hockey and I have a ton of scar tissue in there from rotator cuff damage, etc. I just need to be patient and keep working at it.

Mike, one thing that has helped me with my flexibility is a ballpoint pen. I just take the pen, pencil, highlighter, whatever and hold it like I am going to bend it DO. Just to work on getting the "bar" up there under my chin where it needs to be. This might work for you as well. Just don't let your boss walk in and catch you like mine did. They may start to think you are crazy. Or, like in my case, it will only reinforce what they already suspected. :)