Please Advice What To Use For This Weeks Bending..

MitchSA

As you probably know I had a near miss of my first RED nail last week and unfortunately im out of stock with the exception of a few FBBC 6" 1/4 squares and a few 5.5" squares

If im working towards a red would it be wise to do some volume with 6" squares?? I think 5.5" could be tougher than REDs?? but I could be wrong.

Thank you for your advise friends in grip!

Mitch

Edited by MitchSA

Ideally, you would want to bend 7" stock and longer: 7.5" and even 8" if you are able. The longer stuff will make positioning the 7" bar a lot easier and help with your technique. Just be careful and ease into the long bars slowly. It's a risky position to be applying a lot of force.

Isometrics with bars frozen in time also help. :tongue Determine your weak portion of the bend and work on bars stuck in that position.

Everyone is different, but frequent low volume, high intensity workouts have always suited me best.

That being said, if you happen to be weaker on the crush there would certainly be some carryover from hitting those short bars.

Thanks Eric, I will keep those points in mind. funny enough I find 6" bars more 'comfortable' than 7" bars

Thank you!

I had no 7" bars so I did the following and it went well.

2 x 5.5" 1/4 FBBC squares. these felt tougher than a grade 8 bolts

6 x 6" 5/16 bolts i get from my local hardware.. they have a tougher kink than grade 8's but an easier crush down..

then to see what it would be like i tried a 5" triangle grade 5 bolt which felt very very easy..

all bends were under 30 secs and in single leathers..

bit bummed i had no tougher stock because today felt like a good day for me.. I also don't really know what im bending and where it lies... I guess time will tell..

Edited by MitchSA

7" has always been harder than 6" for me. Like Eric said, some 7.5" work will do wonders.