The Edgin

easyWeight

Just out of curiosity Eric, what was the spread between the triangle and JH?

The 6" triangle hit 715 and 745. The "JH" "FNL" hit 685. I also calibrated a "TY" "FNL" that hit only 665.

Also, as a reminder, a "6" bolt" that hits the same rating as a 6" bar will most always be harder because the bolt is typically anywhere from 1/16" to 1/4" longer. And anytime longer steel calibrates the same or higher than shorter you have indication the longer is stronger stock. It may not sound like much, but even 1/8" difference in length between bars of the same calibration rating will produce a noticeable difference in bending difficulty.

Wow, that is quite a difference. Just a guess then from your 590 7" triangle you bent, the JH might be anywhere from 530-560, give or take a few. Are all JH G5s FNLs? The one I cut down to 7" only has "JH" on the head. The 7.5" I bent was a "JH FNL"

I'm not really sure, but I think the "FNL"s are made specifically for Fastenal. Theoretically they would calibrate the same, but I've noticed that even bolts within a given brand can vary quite a bit.

Great bending Darin an edgin regardless of brand is a tough bend keep it up and soon it wont matter whats on the head you will kill them all.

Great bending Darin an edgin regardless of brand is a tough bend keep it up and soon it wont matter whats on the head you will kill them all.

Thanks for the confidence gazza! :mosher

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's safe to say that the triangle is definitely harder than the JH. My bending was feeling really strong today. Hit several PRs, but still couldn't get a good kink on the triangle Edgin...the threads moved pretty good though :P

Darin, i believe u can kink the traingule if u waste 10 minutes doing several attempts ... or add one wraps each side. Thats what i did few months ago. From nothing to 90 deg becaus ei used "fat wraps".