The Edgin

easyWeight

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=9230

You can see I kinked it off center a bit :tongue I shut the video off because I thought I wasn't going to finish it, because it froze up on the sweep. But as the caption says, I rested a few minutes and finished it out. The crush wasn't near as hard as I expected either. That was probably the easiest part of the bend.

I don't think I've ever had anything bend this far off center before. Not even sure why. The bar was marked evenly, and my wraps were placed evenly apart. I'm just having one heck of a time with these things! If I can manage a centered kink, I should be able to take one down in short order.

Off center or not that's some strength and an awesome bend Darin. I used to have the same problem with the first few bastards I kinked, now it's no problem to get a good centered bend. Keep at 'er man. :rock

Nice Job, now i need to get back into my DO before you get too far ahead. Now you just need to kink it in the middle and that should help the time problem also. you'll be on the steel slater list with bend pretty soon. What does is calibrate at when cut to 7"?

Congrats! Being that far off center makes it even more impressive.

Off center or not that's some strength and an awesome bend Darin. I used to have the same problem with the first few bastards I kinked, now it's no problem to get a good centered bend. Keep at 'er man. :rock

Thanks, Johnathan! I never have problems with my DO bends being off center. I don't know what it is with these G5s, but they just don't like me, haha.

Nice Job, now i need to get back into my DO before you get too far ahead. Now you just need to kink it in the middle and that should help the time problem also. you'll be on the steel slater list with bend pretty soon. What does is calibrate at when cut to 7"?

Thanks Mike! Yes you do, but I wouldn't say I'm ahead of you. I still haven't bent the Brutal Hex yet, but also haven't tried it lately. I have no idea what this particular Edgin calibrates at. As for the Steel Slayers list, I still need to get set up with the right stuff. My wraps are 1.25" diam. wrapped around 1/4 round, but they're in two pieces. I bought some leather a week or so ago hoping for a single 1.25, but the leather turned out to be no good - it unraveled from the inside out on my first hit DO. I guess a Tandy Leather just opened here. I just need to get down there and get some good suede.

Congrats! Being that far off center makes it even more impressive.

Thanks Eric! I do imagine it will be easier on center!

Darin,

u are a bad man but u only bend it because u cut one 8" edgin.(JK). :mosher

I doubt u can take down one triangule 7" edgin (dont cut it) .......... :D:D:D

Edited by ewokhugo

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen!

Hugo, I'll see your bet. I need to get a hold of some more triangle Edgins though. The only one I have I wobbled a while back, so it isn't straight. The stupid threads are kinked over pretty good, lol. I have a feeling those threads are going to be the death of me :whacked

Hugo, I'll see your bet. I need to get a hold of some more triangle Edgins though. The only one I have I wobbled a while back, so it isn't straight. The stupid threads are kinked over pretty good, lol. I have a feeling those threads are going to be the death of me :whacked

Darin, the JH feels easier than the triangle?

Darin, the JH feels easier than the triangle?

I can't say Eric. I'm referring to a triangle I attempted three or four months ago. I need to get a triangle. bend it, then get back to you on that :)

Wednesday is my next bending day. I'll see if I can find some triangle Edgins locally somewhere. Then we'll see :flame

Wednesday is my next bending day. I'll see if I can find some triangle Edgins locally somewhere. Then we'll see :flame

Darin, if you promise to use it for a Steel Slayer cert :inno I could send you a pre-calibrated bolt or two. I think I have two of the 555 bolts and a few 590 bolts left. But you have to swear in blood... and chalk.

Darin, if you promise to use it for a Steel Slayer cert :inno I could send you a pre-calibrated bolt or two. I think I have two of the 555 bolts and a few 590 bolts left. But you have to swear in blood... and chalk.

Thanks for the offer Eric. Let me get the proper wraps and just make sure I can bend an Edgin in them first before I accept. I'd hate for you to send me one and then fail it!

Thanks for the offer Eric. Let me get the proper wraps and just make sure I can bend an Edgin in them first before I accept. I'd hate for you to send me one and then fail it!

Okay. I'll keep 'em on standby.

Impressive bending there Darin! :rock You might be good for 6.5" or even 6" pretty soon.

Impressive bending there Darin! :rock You might be good for 6.5" or even 6" pretty soon.

Thanks Perry! We'll see.

Okay. I'll keep 'em on standby.

Well, I'm either having an off day or the triangle is in fact harder than the JH. I found some triangles today and barely wobbled one of them! My forearms were screaming at me though, so I may need a week off.

I'm all set up with some new single leathers now ($32 for 15.5 square feet at Tandy!), so I should be hitting some Steel Slayer bends soon.

Yeah, you can find some really good deals at Tandy.

I know that last time I calibrated 6" Edgins the triangles came out significantly harder than the JHs. The JHs have calibrated lower than the other brands (triangle, linear S, Lake Erie, W.T.) thus far.

Just out of curiosity Eric, what was the spread between the triangle and JH?

The 6" triangle hit 715 and 745. The "JH" "FNL" hit 685. I also calibrated a "TY" "FNL" that hit only 665.

Also, as a reminder, a "6" bolt" that hits the same rating as a 6" bar will most always be harder because the bolt is typically anywhere from 1/16" to 1/4" longer. And anytime longer steel calibrates the same or higher than shorter you have indication the longer is stronger stock. It may not sound like much, but even 1/8" difference in length between bars of the same calibration rating will produce a noticeable difference in bending difficulty.

The 6" triangle hit 715 and 745. The "JH" "FNL" hit 685. I also calibrated a "TY" "FNL" that hit only 665.

Also, as a reminder, a "6" bolt" that hits the same rating as a 6" bar will most always be harder because the bolt is typically anywhere from 1/16" to 1/4" longer. And anytime longer steel calibrates the same or higher than shorter you have indication the longer is stronger stock. It may not sound like much, but even 1/8" difference in length between bars of the same calibration rating will produce a noticeable difference in bending difficulty.

Wow, that is quite a difference. Just a guess then from your 590 7" triangle you bent, the JH might be anywhere from 530-560, give or take a few. Are all JH G5s FNLs? The one I cut down to 7" only has "JH" on the head. The 7.5" I bent was a "JH FNL"