Front Lever

The Natural

I know noone cares for a noob's opinion but I'll type it here anyways: to me, Rex's video shows a static lift. The way I think of a Front Lever is how jad described, although he said it'd be a bear to judge. I first saw this recommended by an armwrestler, he called it "hammer wrist curl". You just stand up straight and grab the hammer by your side, arm straight down, elbow locked, and if the hammer is long enough the head will be close to the floor, or in the floor. If the competitor is very short, or has very long arms, or the handle length is very long, maybe the hammer head will need to be a few inches in front of where his feet are placed. Then, using nothing but wrist, bring it to parallel. I agree with jad, would be tough to judge.

• 2 months later...
Guest Bullitt

This is a 10# sledge and Bobby made it look incredibly easy. Just levered it up in front of him and then back down. Quarter on top. 31" length. I have no doubt he could do a 12#. Heck, he started a 16# up before he levered it. And he hasn't touched a sledge since we were up at Jedd's in August. Just stupid strong wrists. :whacked:bow

gallery_16387_1150_136710.jpg

Thumbs up!

Rico

Guest Bullitt

Very strong Goody!

Yea, he deadlifted it Rex style, then just kept going all the way up and out with it, like the pic shows. Crazy. I wish we had a 12 pounder, or even a 14 for him to try. I watched him on one of the 16 # levers he did and he literally started it up with just a little swing. :whacked

And this was at the end of a 3 1/2 hour grip workout!!! :mosher

Edited by Bullitt

It looks like my left hand is having a seizure! What's up with that?

It looks like my left hand is having a seizure! What's up with that?

I thought you were just throwing out a gang sign for your homies. :laugh

HAHA! WOW! That almost looks unnatural. HAHA!

This is a 10# sledge and Bobby made it look incredibly easy. Just levered it up in front of him and then back down. Quarter on top. 31" length. I have no doubt he could do a 12#. Heck, he started a 16# up before he levered it. And he hasn't touched a sledge since we were up at Jedd's in August. Just stupid strong wrists. wacko.gifbowdown.gif

gallery_16387_1150_136710.jpg

That's Gangsta!