Article For Beginning Benders

Jedd Johnson

I just posted a new article on DieselCrew.com on nail wrapping, especially the materials used.

You'll see many different materials we have used over the years. Some of them are going to make you laugh, especially if you have just come on the scene in the last couple of years.

Lifting strap to wrap HRS? Yep - we did it. But no one knew any better back then - it was a very experimental time.

Alrighty. Check it out - Materials for Wrapping Nails

The sports come a LONG way in 6 years, believe me.

-Jedd-

Jed,

That is a VERY good article and something i would consider a must read if you are getting into bending or even if you have been bending for a little while.

Great article Jedd! It's always fun to hear of how things evolved.

Great article Jedd. I'm still a little confused about whether you're talking about suede leather or some other form due to the ebay link you provided. That particular seller only sells cowhide pieces and their description says "these are full grain, they are not suede." However, in your article you quote LeatherCraftSecrets.com as referring to suede as "grain leather." Is there a difference? Thanks.

Great article Jedd. I'm still a little confused about whether you're talking about suede leather or some other form due to the ebay link you provided. That particular seller only sells cowhide pieces and their description says "these are full grain, they are not suede." However, in your article you quote LeatherCraftSecrets.com as referring to suede as "grain leather." Is there a difference? Thanks.

From what I took from the information I've read, the flat side is the full grain, while the plushy side is the sueded side.

Glad the article helped you out guys.

great stuff jedd!!

I remember the grade 5 bolt video from way back. Pretty much what got me started in bending. The background music back then was Soil's Black 7. Don't know how the heck I remembered that :D

great stuff jedd!!

I remember the grade 5 bolt video from way back. Pretty much what got me started in bending. The background music back then was Soil's Black 7. Don't know how the heck I remembered that :D

You are exactly right, and the video effects and motion are all in sync with that song and it is a much more entertaining clip with that song in it, however, YouTube prompted me to do the audio swap so I just grabbed another song.

Great article Jedd that was a cool read.

Thanks Vice. Glad you got something out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Jedd, that was a great article. I remember watching that video of the grade 5 years ago. I think you posted it on Dr. Squat. At the time I had know idea how tough a grade 5 was or what it was. Your's and Smitty's posts on the Dr.Squat forum are what got me into grip work, then into the wonderful world of bending. I just recently got my hands on some grade 5's for the first time, which was kind of wierd because I have been bending g8's for a few months now(I took a couple of years off). Anyway that grade 5 video was a big inspiration to me at the time, as well as it is now. Thanks for all the help!

Jedd, that was a great article. I remember watching that video of the grade 5 years ago. I think you posted it on Dr. Squat. At the time I had know idea how tough a grade 5 was or what it was. Your's and Smitty's posts on the Dr.Squat forum are what got me into grip work, then into the wonderful world of bending. I just recently got my hands on some grade 5's for the first time, which was kind of wierd because I have been bending g8's for a few months now(I took a couple of years off). Anyway that grade 5 video was a big inspiration to me at the time, as well as it is now. Thanks for all the help!

Min,

Cool man. I have not posted on DrSquat in so long! But that is where I found out about it too, from Rick Walker.