Race To A Reverse Grade 8

jpmmkrahling

congrats guys for the g8 bend! i ve been out from bending and from the bending forum but i never forget my friends!

Now on the red/bastard i believe like Eric said it wont be a "big" difference)

maybe i/m doing something wrong but all i can do is barely wobble a red in the reverse style. It seems to be because the 7" is alot different then the 6". I'll get it eventually

I need to order some reds to try reverse, I just don't look forward to the $300 price tag for 25 reds plus shipping(slight exageration but those reds are ridiculously priced) :angry:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• easyWeight

• jpmmkrahling

• gumpster

• Johnsson

congrats guys for the g8 bend! i ve been out from bending and from the bending forum but i never forget my friends!

Now on the red/bastard i believe like Eric said it wont be a "big" difference)

maybe i/m doing something wrong but all i can do is barely wobble a red in the reverse style. It seems to be because the 7" is alot different then the 6". I'll get it eventually

I need to order some reds to try reverse, I just don't look forward to the $300 price tag for 25 reds plus shipping(slight exageration but those reds are ridiculously priced) :angry:

I concur about the price. They are a bit too pricey. I'm down to my last one, but think I'm just going to buy some 5/16 HRS. The stuff I get feels pretty much the same as a Red and for a much lower price :)

I am in, but it will take 1-2 years I thing. My best is now 6mm x 7" "hard grade" rebar to 40deg in many sessions and hits with thin suede.

If I correctly remember, I last week got that rebar 4-5deg farther with couple hits and yesterday I got 5,5mm x 6" bright square nail over 45deg pretty easily with one hit.

Someone said (I doesn't remember was it this thread or another) that 6" are easyer than 7" with reverse. Is it?

Last night I got 6,5" 6mm "hard grade" rebar near to 40deg with 4 hits with thick wraps. After 4hits I thought that bar sure will be over 40deg, but it wasn't, so after measuring it I didn't try it again. Maybe I could finish it, maybe not. And this rebar is just litle bit easyer than 1/4" CRS.

Slow, but stady progression :rock

I am in, but it will take 1-2 years I thing. My best is now 6mm x 7" "hard grade" rebar to 40deg in many sessions and hits with thin suede.

If I correctly remember, I last week got that rebar 4-5deg farther with couple hits and yesterday I got 5,5mm x 6" bright square nail over 45deg pretty easily with one hit.

Someone said (I doesn't remember was it this thread or another) that 6" are easyer than 7" with reverse. Is it?

Last night I got 6,5" 6mm "hard grade" rebar near to 40deg with 4 hits with thick wraps. After 4hits I thought that bar sure will be over 40deg, but it wasn't, so after measuring it I didn't try it again. Maybe I could finish it, maybe not. And this rebar is just litle bit easyer than 1/4" CRS.

Slow but Steady is the smart way, you have a better chance of not getting injuried. Keep up the good work

Slow but Steady is the smart way, you have a better chance of not getting injuried. Keep up the good work

Thanks! My all around bending progression have been very slow. I have been bending aproxymately 6 months now and not made a lot of progression. I think that my all PR's what I have done, born by technique improvement, not by incrased strenght. And with wrist styles I still fear injuries and because of this tiny thing, I don't give my all to bends.

1 hour ago I reverse bended IM yellow with thick wraps from 7deg to 14deg with 4 hits. Weird :blink.