Decent Sledge Levering

gunnar

Gorilla taped a 2.5# plate to my 8# sledge. Just slid it down the handle. Because of the handle getting fatter by the hammer, it stopped about 1" or so away from head. So I figure center of gravity is prolly about the underside of the hammer. This made the end of the handle exactly 31" away from plate. Was able to do 4 very strict reps (no arm dip at all). I like it, but it would be nice to get a 12lb sledge.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rico300zx

• The Natural

• climber511

• gunnar

I found a 16lb at home depot today and brought it down to my nose no prob at all. First time I tried something that heavy, I was happy I could do that.

Rico

I found a 16lb at home depot today and brought it down to my nose no prob at all.

Now all you've got to do is bring it back up. :D

-Rex

I found a 16lb at home depot today and brought it down to my nose no prob at all.

Now all you've got to do is bring it back up. :D

-Rex

Ye of little faith, I did.

Rico

• 1 month later...

Screw buying them. I walked into lowes today, and lowered AND back up a #10 pretty easily. My first lever. It was fairly strict for a first. It hurt my wrist a little, but it's been sore. I figure I swing by lowes once or twice a week, and I'm set! haha. I do well with lots of recovery, so I really don't need one at my house, save for my #2000 9lk2kh.jpg

I did a little levering today - in the middle of an overall body and grip workout and in my Gripmas setup I did.

10# x 1 L&R @ 31"

12# x 1 L&R @ 31"

14# x 1 L&R @ 31"

16# x 1 L&R @ 32.5"

Only about my third session so I didn't push it any - things felt good and the Gripmas device is working really well.

Hey Chris, if you get a picture of some stubby armed guy using your setup, I would love to see it. Just curious to see how everything looks- I have seen your son's pictures, but I know he has some long limbs.