1" Vbar Race

Guest Bullitt

Damn strong stuff Adam, congrats on the progress!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bencrush

• IROC-Z

• AdamTGlass

• Shoggoth

Guest Bullitt

Know what shoe bending helps??? Toughening the skin for V-bar. 1" vbar coming back nicely. Pulled 322 twice and got air with 342, but not quite 2". :D

• 3 weeks later...

Nice Mike, tell me what pulls are you doing on your way to 352? Are you doin any reps or just one pull then add 20 or 30 lb?

Rico

Very good Mike! I think I'll be hitting some v-bar with the grippers again tonight.

Guest Bullitt

Couple PRs today. 337 & 342 right at 2". Pulled outside in the heat and humidity so I was really happy with those. Actually pulled 4 singles with 342 and got air with all of them. I think 352 should go down soon to hit that next level on the FBBC list. Anybody else still working on this?

Couple PRs today. 337 & 342 right at 2". Pulled outside in the heat and humidity so I was really happy with those. Actually pulled 4 singles with 342 and got air with all of them. I think 352 should go down soon to hit that next level on the FBBC list. Anybody else still working on this?

Very, very nice pulling Mike! 4 singles with 342 ought to equate to quite a bit more than only 10lbs more on your max though. I think if you get everything tied in on that particular test day you're easily at the 375lb level right now.

Guest Bullitt

Very, very nice pulling Mike! 4 singles with 342 ought to equate to quite a bit more than only 10lbs more on your max though. I think if you get everything tied in on that particular test day you're easily at the 375lb level right now.

Don't know about that Ben, but thanks! Each one was only an inch or two high, but they all came up. I'm still not pulling anything very high to protect this elbow and save my skin. But I think I have 352 over 2" on a good day for sure. I'm back to where I was right before I hurt my elbow at the end of last year.

Congrats Mike!

Now that I seem to be past this lower back injury I've been struggling with for the past few months, I'm going to start playing around with the V-bar again evry now and then. I'm definitely not at your level, but I'll give it a go and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bullitt

Couldn't pull crap right handed tonight. Everything hurt, but I surprised the heck out of myself with a huge PR lefty (off hand).

I've never even considered trying v-bar cuz it just didn't look interesting to me but last night I picked up and moved my 1" IM loading pin I use with my RT that had 150 lbs on it and not only was it easy but I liked the feel of it. I guess now I'm going to have to get a 1" v-bar and start working with it now :tongue

I've never even considered trying v-bar cuz it just didn't look interesting to me but last night I picked up and moved my 1" IM loading pin I use with my RT that had 150 lbs on it and not only was it easy but I liked the feel of it. I guess now I'm going to have to get a 1" v-bar and start working with it now :tongue

Good first pull then man. You might be surprised at how enjoyable it is to get past the milestones like 200lbs, 250lbs, 275lbs, 300lbs, and beyond. Vbar is awesome.

Guest Bullitt

Good first pull then man. You might be surprised at how enjoyable it is to get past the milestones like 200lbs, 250lbs, 275lbs, 300lbs, and beyond. Vbar is awesome.

You'll be amazed at how fast the progress comes. DO IT!

You'll be amazed at how fast the progress comes. DO IT!

Ok you talked me into it.

2" 240lbs for a set of 16

2" 280 for a set of 5

Getting doubles and triples with 300...I will drop some more film of this week. You wouldn't believe what I am pulling for singles now, so i will just post them in contest this fall

More awesome pulls Adam! I'll be in Minneapolis on Saturday. I need to give you a call if I get the time. Won't have much free time since I'm helping a close friend move up there, but it would be awesome to finally meet you in person buddy.

More awesome pulls Adam! I'll be in Minneapolis on Saturday. I need to give you a call if I get the time. Won't have much free time since I'm helping a close friend move up there, but it would be awesome to finally meet you in person buddy.

Ben

email me or hit me on FB. I live 5 minutes from downtown on the west side of town

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my V-bar a little over a week ago from FBBC and was just wondering how to go about getting stronger on it as of right now I have only done 175 with either hand.