1" Vbar Race

Guest Bullitt

Big Mike

since this is the race to 400 on 1" i want to share I pulled 392 lbs left handed on the 1" last night. I was getting 402 up a tad, but it was too much rotation this evening for anything above 1"

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bencrush

• IROC-Z

• AdamTGlass

• Shoggoth

Guest Bullitt

Big Mike

since this is the race to 400 on 1" i want to share I pulled 392 lbs left handed on the 1" last night. I was getting 402 up a tad, but it was too much rotation this evening for anything above 1"

Sick!

Big Mike

Hell yeah Adam! Knew you'd do it sooner rather than later. I'd love to see you compete in a contest that featured it. I think you'd pull even more with the adrenaline.

Adam - a question please. Your 2" V-bar appears clean and no chalk etc - what kind of prep are you using - just super clean bar and hands - alcohol prep ???

Adam - a question please. Your 2" V-bar appears clean and no chalk etc - what kind of prep are you using - just super clean bar and hands - alcohol prep ???

Chris I use a slight amount of chalk, dry my hands out with friction burn, slight chalk on the hand, and than i try to leave finger prints in the bar. I wipe my V bar clean before every workout, but no additional prep from there

Chris I use a slight amount of chalk, dry my hands out with friction burn, slight chalk on the hand, and than i try to leave finger prints in the bar. I wipe my V bar clean before every workout, but no additional prep from there

I have experimented quite a bit with the whole no chalk thing on 2" vbar. My highest lift on the FBBC 2" vbar was without chalk. But it doesn't work as well for me on the super slick USAWA vbars that I have now. Which I thought would've worked even better on them but was surprised how much harder it made them.

Guest Bullitt

Barbe, Jedd and I all pulled 318 at Jedd's today. It was really humid and slick, but it's coming back quickly. Brent and Jedd got air with 343. This was after some killer farmer's holds too. Hopefully next Saturday, I'll be able to pull 325+.

Barbe, Jedd and I all pulled 318 at Jedd's today. It was really humid and slick, but it's coming back quickly. Brent and Jedd got air with 343. This was after some killer farmer's holds too. Hopefully next Saturday, I'll be able to pull 325+.

Nice pulling Mike! That's solid as hell considering how the humidity sounded from Brent's (and yours) description. Jedd's a phenomenal vbar puller - so hanging with him is very strong.

Humid today at the contest. Only able to pull 302 lbs. Still good enough to tie Tommy Heslep for the win.

Very nice Mike! Tommy's still a big name even though he's been out of the contest scene a while. (edited)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bullitt

Didn't want to try any max lifts with my elbow out of sorts, so I did some reps with the 1" vbar after axle and 2HP today.

245X10 (got 3 reps lefty)

Edited by Bullitt

I keep expecting to log on and see that Adam has pulled some insane weight well north of 400lbs. The next time he pulls I bet something huge will rise again.

Mike, if you have 1" vbar again at your contest again I'll do my best to get out there and compete next year. I pulled 406lbs lefty the other day, and I figure that's a good place to call it done until the "need" arises to train it again. I found a good home for my 1" vbars though and I know Travis will let me borrow them if I ever need to train that event for your contest, hint-hint. I figure my "base" strength will remain around 335lbs lefty and in a contest setting (assuming it's one of the last events) I'll shoot for 375-400lbs. That should equate to about 8 weeks of training the 1" vbar once a week.

Keep pulling guys!buttrock.gif

Guest Bullitt

I keep expecting to log on and see that Adam has pulled some insane weight well north of 400lbs. The next time he pulls I bet something huge will rise again.

Mike, if you have 1" vbar again at your contest again I'll do my best to get out there and compete next year. I pulled 406lbs lefty the other day, and I figure that's a good place to call it done until the "need" arises to train it again. I found a good home for my 1" vbars though and I know Travis will let me borrow them if I ever need to train that event for your contest, hint-hint. I figure my "base" strength will remain around 335lbs lefty and in a contest setting (assuming it's one of the last events) I'll shoot for 375-400lbs. That should equate to about 8 weeks of training the 1" vbar once a week.

Keep pulling guys!buttrock.gif

I think next year we should have 1" vbar, 2" vbar, crusher, and 2HP. Total weight wins.

400, 300, 200, and 225 for an 1125 total sounds pretty sexy. :D

Edited by Bullitt

I think next year we should have 1" vbar, 2" vbar, crusher, and 2HP. Total weight wins.

400, 300, 200, and 225 for an 1125 total sounds pretty sexy. biggrin.gif

I think that sounds awesome Mike! I'd give up tons of points on the 2HP unless I get some big gains by then, but I'm game for that combo. I figured you'd throw out something crazy like a lineup of all the different sizes of vbar that Chris Rice was selling recently. Or how about this?wacko.gif

-3/4" Vbar

-25mm Vbar

-1" Vbar

-1.25" Vbar

-1.5" Vbar

-2" Vbar

-2.375" Vbar

Both left and right hands. Total weight wins...absolute CNS collapse.

Guest Bullitt

I think that sounds awesome Mike! I'd give up tons of points on the 2HP unless I get some big gains by then, but I'm game for that combo. I figured you'd throw out something crazy like a lineup of all the different sizes of vbar that Chris Rice was selling recently. Or how about this?wacko.gif

-3/4" Vbar

-25mm Vbar

-1" Vbar

-1.25" Vbar

-1.5" Vbar

-2" Vbar

-2.375" Vbar

I think people would be down to bone before we got halfway through that. HAHA You would more than make up for the 2HP with the vbars and crusher.

-3/4" Vbar

-25mm Vbar

-1" Vbar

-1.25" Vbar

-1.5" Vbar

-2" Vbar

-2.375" Vbar

You're a sick, sick man Mr. Edwards.

-3/4" Vbar

-25mm Vbar

-1" Vbar

-1.25" Vbar

-1.5" Vbar

-2" Vbar

-2.375" Vbar

You're a sick, sick man Mr. Edwards.

Thanks Jason!tongue.gif I actually had 2 board members interested in a vbar contest a few years back that I was unofficially referring to as "Vbar Vendetta." Those guys are not training anymore unfortunately and the contest never took place. It was going to be 3/8" (a KOAB), 3/4", 1", 2", 2.375", and 3" vbar

with both hands being contested and 4 attempts per hand. It's obvious that we were all insane to even seriously consider it. We were playing with the idea of having different height platforms like the Michigan Grip contests with higher points awarded for pulling the weight and placing it on a higher platform. It was more awkward than I originally thought and I scrapped the platform idea after pulling 325lbs on the FBBC 1" vbar and placing it onto an 8" block. Strained a muscle in my back and side.

Im kinda liking this idea....what size crusher were you gonna use?

I like this idea. maybe slightly different events. the 1" number would be weighted almost double for most people.

Guest Bullitt

Im kinda liking this idea....what size crusher were you gonna use?

From what I have heard, the 2" crusher numbers seem to be comparable to the RT. Definitely open to suggestions on this one, as I don't have a crusher.

from my experience the 2" crusher is slightly harder than an old RT. don't have a new RT for comparison.

Hey guys

I have been pulling a lot of rep with on the 2" this month. My best pulls so far have been 295 for 5 right/295 for 3 left. I hit 332 1/2lbs on my 2" and posted pics on facebook of it. I will be pulling big this week and attempt for 337 1/2 on 2"

1" is going good- last training day i hit 5 singles on 392. Very strange- right hand is the strong 2" bar, lefty on the 1"

I have failed to drop in and post updates but I will hit this thread more often...but i think all you guys are on my FB so maybe its no big deal