1" Vbar Race

Guest Bullitt

keep this thread going

today, 332 on my 1" v bar. Starting to figure out hand position. its like picking up a golf club?

Strong pull Adam! Like Mike said, it's more in the palm usually where the bigger numbers come up. Supination and gripping the lowest maximum legal distance will together yield a bracing effect and that equates to higher numbers too.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bencrush

• IROC-Z

• AdamTGlass

• Shoggoth

Guest Bullitt

Jedd, Brent, Chuck, Rick, Frank, Joe, and I will all be doing some 1" vbar training this Saturday. I'm hoping to get a good solid video of a pull over 350 for the FBBC list if I have anything left in the tank when we get to vbar. Skin seems to be finally healing up.

Edited by Bullitt

Pulled 337 for top set, and than I hit a nice volume PR of 232 for 25 singles per hand. no tears no pain, no damage. I am starting to get a handle on this vertical bar groove

Guest Bullitt

Pulled 337 for top set, and than I hit a nice volume PR of 232 for 25 singles per hand. no tears no pain, no damage. I am starting to get a handle on this vertical bar groove

Great stuff Adam. I'm looking forward to getting some good lifts in at Jedd's tomorrow. I need to get going if I'm going to stay ahead of you. :laugh

Nice volume and new PR!

That's a ton of volume there! Nice work! :rock

I've found that I can only do about 10 - 12 singles per hand before my skin starts to rip. Just curious, did you do something special or out of the ordinary to condition your skin for that type of volume?

That's a ton of volume there! Nice work! :rock

I've found that I can only do about 10 - 12 singles per hand before my skin starts to rip. Just curious, did you do something special or out of the ordinary to condition your skin for that type of volume?

lots of kettlebell training, lots of deadlfting, lots and lots and lots of Steel bending.

Guest Bullitt

Pulled 1" and 2" vbars at Jedd's today. The 1" vbar wasn't FBBC. I got air under 343, but didn't get it quite 2".

About 2.5 to 3 hours into the workout we hit 2" vbar. I pulled 250, which at that point in the workout I was thrilled with. That's the second time I ever pulled with the 2" vbar. I think fresh, i would be good for 10 - 20 lbs more for sure. It was still a 10 lb PR and gets me up to the next rung on the 2" FBBC vbar cert list. :D

Pulled 1" and 2" vbars at Jedd's today. The 1" vbar wasn't FBBC. I got air under 343, but didn't get it quite 2".

About 2.5 to 3 hours into the workout we hit 2" vbar. I pulled 250, which at that point in the workout I was thrilled with. That's the second time I ever pulled with the 2" vbar. I think fresh, i would be good for 10 - 20 lbs more for sure. It was still a 10 lb PR and gets me up to the next rung on the 2" FBBC vbar cert list. :D

Great job on that 2" vbar Mike! :mosher And on the 1" vbar too of course!

good pulls considering all the work you guys got in to.

In terms of athletic training- doing grip events in the same model and time line of the contest is an important distress component.

Guest Bullitt

good pulls considering all the work you guys got in to.

In terms of athletic training- doing grip events in the same model and time line of the contest is an important distress component.

Thanks Ben and Adam!

I agree Adam. When we have these workouts at Jedd's, we try to mimic a contest on meth. Do events in the order of an upcoming contest, but go through them quicker. If you can pull a weight under these conditions, you can be confident your body will be ready to replicate it or even better when the time comes.

When we have these workouts at Jedd's, we try to mimic a contest on meth. Do events in the order of an upcoming contest, but go through them quicker. If you can pull a weight under these conditions, you can be confident your body will be ready to replicate it or even better when the time comes.

That's exactly what I do in most workouts starting about a month out from a contest. Works pretty well.

352 lbs top set with 1" bar tonight (got 332 left)this is a 15 lbs PR from last 1" workout

went up to 287 with the 2" bar. I rocked 305 off the floor, but it was not 2", i will pull it later this week.

The Wars out there man, out there! :angry:

400 will come and go. While i am ok with grippers, ok with pinch, my support grip rocks.

Woooooo!!! Glad to see it Adam! You're on fire with the vbar and other support grip stuff! Rock on buddy!

I'm thinking all of your BUP's over the years may have something to do with it. Nice lifting Adam!

• 1 month later...

367 on 1" FBBC V Bar

379 1/2 lbs on 1" V bar

time to stoke the fire- I'm going past 400, whose coming with me?

Subtract 35 pounds for the music. Then slap yourself.

don't be such a hater, you train people in a commerical gym so i have no doubt you have spent more time than I listening to lady Gaga and Justin Timberlake there big guy :mosher

Subtract 35 pounds for the music. Then slap yourself.

don't be such a hater, you train people in a commerical gym so i have no doubt you have spent more time than I listening to lady Gaga and Justin Timberlake there big guy :mosher

Actually my boss insists on the classic rock station... just means I have "Balls To The Wall" memorized. Haha. And nice friggin' pull. You've got my current beat. Not my PR, but my current and that's all that matters.

Matt are you going to start pulling again?

305 on the 2" tonight...had a fun lifting day all around