1" Vbar Race

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Knew with Adam joining the race it was now or never to get 350 first. You guys can tell me whether this got to 2" or not. I think with the marker being 2.5" and sitting up on the carpet it was good, but I'll let you guys decide. After I pulled 339, I superglued my skin back to go for 352. The rip was so big after that, I didn't try again to make sure I got well over 2". Anyway, your guys call. If it's not 2", I'll do it again once my skin grows back. :mosher

Edited by Bullitt

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bencrush

• IROC-Z

• AdamTGlass

• Shoggoth

Damn Mike, that is super close but good to me man! I watched it in "slow mo" and paused it and it was a legit lift! Awesome job man, I need to get to work on this thing! The biggest pain in the arse is putting the weight on and then having to remove it for John....

Nice Job,

Chris

Guest Bullitt

Damn Mike, that is super close but good to me man! I watched it in "slow mo" and paused it and it was a legit lift! Awesome job man, I need to get to work on this thing! The biggest pain in the arse is putting the weight on and then having to remove it for John....

Nice Job,

Chris

Thanks bro! It was right there. If i just had more skin to give...

Awesome job Mike!!! It's almost impossible to tell from that angle since the camera isn't placed directly on the floor and the side that tilted a little was just so close. Only talking about the 352lb lift of course. The 339lb lift was plenty high. I think that the 352lb lift was probably good though, just pointing out that it's so hard to tell from that particular angle. You might try placing the camera directly on the ground if possible. That way it's such a good angle to see exactly how high the lowest part of the plates (allowing for tilt) are pulled.

Guest Bullitt

Awesome job Mike!!! It's almost impossible to tell from that angle since the camera isn't placed directly on the floor and the side that tilted a little was just so close. Only talking about the 352lb lift of course. The 339lb lift was plenty high. I think that the 352lb lift was probably good though, just pointing out that it's so hard to tell from that particular angle. You might try placing the camera directly on the ground if possible. That way it's such a good angle to see exactly how high the lowest part of the plates (allowing for tilt) are pulled.

Yea, I'm not sending that one to John. I want it to be a no doubter. Gonna be a few days before I pull again. This quarter sized chunk of skin needs to grow back. :laugh

I realized I had changed my grip for some reason. I went back to my old grip and boom, 339 flew up. Then 352 moved about 2" ;) . Anyway, just glad I'm off that damn 334. Looking for one of my 30# jumps in a month spurts here to get me around 375#. :D

Some dang good pulling regardless of if it hit the 2" mark or not. And make no mistake, I'm NOT saying it wasn't 2". Just that I wouldn't be able to say definitively one way or the other from that angle. You've earned your strength on that and your body has a whole lot more to show in 2010. Something about late December PRs that are quite satisfying. My biggest 1" vbar pull was almost exactly a year ago in late December of 2008.

second time pulling with the FBBC 2" V bar, pulled easy 275 both sides, easy 285 right, than this 300lbs right.

second time pulling with the FBBC 2" V bar, pulled easy 275 both sides, easy 285 right, than this 300lbs right.

You're a phenom buddy!

Phenomenal pull Adam!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

6 jan 2010

First 1" Workout

pulled 235, 270, 295, 307 (video on my blog), pulled 332 but only 1" got air under 340.

I have a lot of questions on set up, but i will figure it out over the next month.

On 2" i pulled several sets of 280, but nothing heavier than that.

6 jan 2010

First 1" Workout

pulled 235, 270, 295, 307 (video on my blog), pulled 332 but only 1" got air under 340.

I have a lot of questions on set up, but i will figure it out over the next month.

I'm going to have to dig out my thesaurus because I'm getting tired of saying "Fantastic", "Awesome" etc. with each of your lifts Adam.

Here goes:

What a wondrous and grand pull! (How's that?:D)

Good stuff man!

6 jan 2010

First 1" Workout

Fantastic work Adam!!! You'll probably be the quickest to 400lbs of all-time. And then you'll possibly join the ultra-slim ranks of guys who've pulled 500lbs+ when you develop your vbar hook strength and technique!

Guest Bullitt

6 jan 2010

First 1" Workout

Great stuff Adam! Super strong! I went from 252 to 352 on my 1" vbar from my original pull in less than 6 months. You will hit 400 by Spring easy. Incredible!

Guest Bullitt

Real strong Mike!!! Looking forward to seeing the number you pull at your contest!

Thanks Ben! Me too. Just wish the skin would toughen back up quicker after a tear. :)

Great job on the vbar this morning. You still got it. You at least need to get an official lift in above 401 just to get your name on the top of the list. Then you can slip quietly back into 1" vbar retirement. :D

[quote name='Bullitt' date='08 January 2010 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1262972781'

Great job on the vbar this morning. You still got it. You at least need to get an official lift in above 401 just to get your name on the top of the list. Then you can slip quietly back into 1" vbar retirement. :D

Thanks! :D I don't have anything special planned, but I just felt like vbar this morning. I wish I would've tried 400lbs after pulling 374lbs that high! If I ever have another grip gettogether again, I'll try to save some steam and give it a shot.

• 2 weeks later...

keep this thread going

today, 332 on my 1" v bar. Starting to figure out hand position. its like picking up a golf club?

Guest Bullitt

keep this thread going

today, 332 on my 1" v bar. Starting to figure out hand position. its like picking up a golf club?

Similar, but a little more in the palm. Also, if you supinate your wrist you can usually pull more than with a handshake grip. Great pull Adam! I'm still in. 402 or bust!

As soon as this MM1 gripper gets in and off my plate I'll be pulling again as well.