1" Vbar Race

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Nope, no sand bagging...Eaton used to always accuse me of that too:) I hadn`t touched a Vbar in over 1.5yrs when I pulled 302 at Mike`s and I havent touched one since then cuz of Gripmas. I pulled my FBBC Vbar and all my standard plates out yesterday, me and the wife are gonna hit it tonight!

Mike.....Michelle looks like she actually wants to train for your comp in April....Your girls are going down!

Nice! This is gonna be fun!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bencrush

• IROC-Z

• AdamTGlass

• Shoggoth

It'll rise Mike. Seems that I would be stuck at a certain weight for months and then have a breakthrough workout where I'd jump 10-20lbs. Then the cycle repeated.

Guest Bullitt

It'll rise Mike. Seems that I would be stuck at a certain weight for months and then have a breakthrough workout where I'd jump 10-20lbs. Then the cycle repeated.

yea, but it was a lot more fun when i made 10 - 20 lb jumps every time i touched it. :laugh I will get 402 in 2010.

Received my v-bar about an hour ago. Now the long climb up!

Let us know what your first workout yields. Glad to hear you're on board!

[quote name='Bullitt' date='22 December 2009 - 07:45 PM' timestamp='1261511139'

yea, but it was a lot more fun when i made 10 - 20 lb jumps every time i touched it. :laugh I will get 402 in 2010.

I hear ya Mike!!! :cool I know you will pull 402lbs in 2010. Probably more!

Received my v-bar about an hour ago. Now the long climb up!

Let us know what your first workout yields. Glad to hear you're on board!

Just getting warmed up and pulled 225. Loaded 250 for my next pull. I just hopped on here to see what the cert levels were. This bar is a lot easier than my galvanized pipe so far.

Well I got air under 250#. It's going and then some next time. This'll be a hoot!

Great 1st pull Jason!!!

Thanks buddy! Gotta try and be competative for this spring you know. That reminds me I should get working on a passport.

Very nice! 225 is a very good first pull, and 250 is even better! You'll be one to watch I bet. 300 will come before you know it. Then the sky's the limit.

Your form looked solid by the way. Have you tried to season the vbar handle yet? Didn't look like it had been chalked. You can repeatedly apply chalk to the handle until it starts to "take" the chalk better. I've tried storing my vbar upside down with the handle buried completely in my chalk bucket overnight, and for multiple nights if necessary. That worked pretty well in speeding up the seasoning process. And don't look at purposefully-sped up seasoning as a cheating tactic. The sooner you've got the bar seasoned completely, the sooner you know that any gains you make are indeed that - GAINS - instead of just the bar continuing to become more and more seasoned with use.

Very nice! 225 is a very good first pull, and 250 is even better! You'll be one to watch I bet. 300 will come before you know it. Then the sky's the limit.

Your form looked solid by the way. Have you tried to season the vbar handle yet? Didn't look like it had been chalked. You can repeatedly apply chalk to the handle until it starts to "take" the chalk better. I've tried storing my vbar upside down with the handle buried completely in my chalk bucket overnight, and for multiple nights if necessary. That worked pretty well in speeding up the seasoning process. And don't look at purposefully-sped up seasoning as a cheating tactic. The sooner you've got the bar seasoned completely, the sooner you know that any gains you make are indeed that - GAINS - instead of just the bar continuing to become more and more seasoned with use.

Thanks Ben I appreciate it.

As far as seasoning it only came out of the box about 15 minutes before those pulls. It was still a bit chilly from the UPS van. I'll definately try to season it as you suggest. I've only got blocks but I'll rub some in when it's not in use.

Well I got air under 250#. It's going and then some next time. This'll be a hoot!

NICE! :rock

NICE! :rock

Thanks man. I'm pretty keen on seeing what I can do with some practice and a seasoned handle. These pink spots on my hand are pretty neat to. Haha

Guest Bullitt

I think this may be part of my "stall" here. I had a lot of chalk buildup on the bar, so soon after i pulled 334 I took some steel wool to it and got most of it off. Guess I need to build it back up. That, or just man up and pull it. :shifty

I think this may be part of my "stall" here. I had a lot of chalk buildup on the bar, so soon after i pulled 334 I took some steel wool to it and got most of it off. Guess I need to build it back up. That, or just man up and pull it. :shifty

It's the chalk Mike. Now you know you'll pull it next time and some!

Edited by Shoggoth

I guess I should start adding the weight of the bar as well :rolleyes. What do you guys call it? 7 pounds? You guys see Adams pull on his new 2" tonight? Incredible!

I guess I should start adding the weight of the bar as well :rolleyes. What do you guys call it? 7 pounds? You guys see Adams pull on his new 2" tonight? Incredible!

Yep! Just heard from him on Facebook. Those are mammoth pulls! And that's hit first workout on an unseasoned bar!

Guest Bullitt

Mine weighed 7.2#. It has the square base. I think the ones with the round base weigh just under 7.

Thanks guys. I'll call it 7#. The 2" V bar leaders will probably get a little bit of revitalization with Adams pulls. Should be a very interesting year with guys getting close to breaking the 1" lift, 2" lift and wanting the 2 hand pinch back.

Good times!

Gentlemen

I will update ths list with my pulls week to week. upon realizing i have some talent with this lift I will pursue it to a logical conclusion. My track record is I add 25% to a lift once i get comfortable with the impliment. My V bars are brand spanking new as well. I will be well over 300 w/2" bar very very soon.

Gentlemen

I will update ths list with my pulls week to week. upon realizing i have some talent with this lift I will pursue it to a logical conclusion. My track record is I add 25% to a lift once i get comfortable with the impliment. My V bars are brand spanking new as well. I will be well over 300 w/2" bar very very soon.

I don't doubt this one bit.

You're a GRIP MONSTER Adam!