T - 12x1 Parallel Set Reps

Forearm was totally fried! I love it!!!

Left

#1 - 10x2 Parallel Set Reps

Tug #4 - 20x2 - I&M

Tug #4 - 10x2 - R&P

Tug #3 - 50x1 - I&M

Tug #3 - 25x2 - R&P

The right felt so good, I decided to fry the left!

I am thinking I may need to get at least the #2.5 and maybe the #3. What do you guys think? I know eventually I will need it, but would it be worth getting now?

Breakfast

English Muffin

Sausage Patty

Cheese

Weight one week ago this morning was exactly 361.8 this morning I got on the scales and.........351.2!!! Oh, yea! That's over 10 pounds in one week! I know that is not the healthiest thing in the world. But, I feel great. And this was without any specific cardio. I am gonna step that up this week and see what happens. I know the first week is usually the largest weight loss. So, I won't be disappointed if I don't lose ten pounds next week. But, this is great! Motivates me that much more! Thanks for all the support guys!

Guest Bullitt
8/25/09

Right

T - 20x1 TNS

#1 - 10x1 TNS

Tug #6 - 10x1 - I&M

Tug #5 - 10x1 - R&P

#2 - 5x3 Parallel Set Reps

Left

T - 20x1 TNS

#1 - 10x1 TNS

#2 - 3 Attempts - Less than 1/2"

#2 - 8x1 BFN's

#1.5 - 2 Attempts

#1.5 - 1 Close

Right

#2 - 15x1 Parallel Set Reps - PR

#2 - 8x1 Parallel Set Reps

Left

Tug #5 - 10x1 - I&M

Tug #4 - 10x1 - R&P

Right

#2 - 5x1 Parallel Set Reps

#1.5 - 4x1 CCS - 1 Miss mm Away

Tug #6 - 8x1 I&M

Tug #5 - 5x1 R&P

Tug #5 - 20x1 I&M

Tug #4 - 20x1 R&P

Tug #4 - 30x1 I&M

Tug #3 - 30x1 R&P

#1 - 10x1 Parallel Set Reps

T - 12x1 Parallel Set Reps

Forearm was totally fried! I love it!!!

Left

#1 - 10x2 Parallel Set Reps

Tug #4 - 20x2 - I&M

Tug #4 - 10x2 - R&P

Tug #3 - 50x1 - I&M

Tug #3 - 25x2 - R&P

The right felt so good, I decided to fry the left!

I am thinking I may need to get at least the #2.5 and maybe the #3. What do you guys think? I know eventually I will need it, but would it be worth getting now?

Breakfast

English Muffin

Sausage Patty

Cheese

Weight one week ago this morning was exactly 361.8 this morning I got on the scales and.........351.2!!! Oh, yea! That's over 10 pounds in one week! I know that is not the healthiest thing in the world. But, I feel great. And this was without any specific cardio. I am gonna step that up this week and see what happens. I know the first week is usually the largest weight loss. So, I won't be disappointed if I don't lose ten pounds next week. But, this is great! Motivates me that much more! Thanks for all the support guys!

Awesome job on the PR Chris and even better job on sticking to this. 10 lbs is not unhealthy to drop in the first week on a diet shift like this. It will slow down and get more in that 1/2lb a day loss as you move forward. Keep at it buddy. :rock

Supper

Baked Cube Steak

Green Beans

Roll

Worked on a little circuit tonight at the house. Not too much, jumping rope, swinging the sledge, farmer's walk with my "pinching stones", jogging, some body weight stuff. Man, I am severely out of shape and very weak. We are working on that too. I think this is turning into something like a "look good naked" thing. (Sorry for that mental picture.)

Spoon of Peanut Butter before bed.

Getting behind.....

8/27/09

Breakfast

English Muffin

Sausage Patty

Cheese

Lunch

Turkey on Wheat

Pork Rinds

Crystal Light

Granola Bar thing for a snack

Dinner

2 Grilled Chicken Breast

4 Carb Control Tortillas

Guest Bullitt
Getting behind.....

8/27/09

Breakfast

English Muffin

Sausage Patty

Cheese

Lunch

Turkey on Wheat

Pork Rinds

Crystal Light

Dinner

2 Grilled Chicken Breast

4 Carb Control Tortillas

Was about to say something. :laugh Just know we're paying attention. haha

great job Chris!

Glad you told me about this yesterday ... I was thinking about doing a log on my diet also ... very cool!

see you tomorrow

Getting behind.....

8/27/09

Breakfast

English Muffin

Sausage Patty

Cheese

Lunch

Turkey on Wheat

Pork Rinds

Crystal Light

Dinner

2 Grilled Chicken Breast

4 Carb Control Tortillas

Was about to say something. :laugh Just know we're paying attention. haha

great job Chris!

Thanks Mike, that's awesome dude! :rock

Glad you told me about this yesterday ... I was thinking about doing a log on my diet also ... very cool!

see you tomorrow

Do it Paul. The Diet Nazi up there will keep a check on you! :D Can't wait! Maybe I can stop that #3 from laughing tomorrow!

Yesterday -

Breakfast - English Muffin, Sausage & Cheese

Lunch - Grilled Chicken Salad from the cafe

Supper - Not so good, we went out with some friends for Mexican. I had the shrimp, steak and chicken fajitas, only ate the meat vegetables and three small tortilla shells. No rice or beans! (Almost a crime!) Then the fatties wanted ice cream later, so I had just three bites of a brownie sundae - I almost went into shock. I guess it could have been worse.

Headed to Paul's this morning. I may or may not be able to type tonight when I get home.

Yesterday -

Supper - Not so good, we went out with some friends for Mexican. I had the shrimp, steak and chicken fajitas, only ate the meat vegetables and three small tortilla shells. No rice or beans! (Almost a crime!) Then the fatties wanted ice cream later, so I had just three bites of a brownie sundae - I almost went into shock. I guess it could have been worse.

Headed to Paul's this morning. I may or may not be able to type tonight when I get home.

may not

:laugh

This is looking great, Chris! (Thanks for some food ideas too!)

Yesterday -

may not

Barely buddy......Had an AWESOME time!!!

Thanks Sherrie......if you're not on a diet, PM and I will give you some really great food ideas. At least somebody will be able to enjoy some good food. :D

Edit: Sorry Sherrie forgot the "e" the first go around.

8/29/09

Breakfast.....Beef Jerky and Water on the road to Paul's

Lunch......Grilled Chicken Breast.....Good Job Ted!

Supper.....Did it big.....Huge Steak, half a sweet potato, grilled shrimp, and a small piece of the most awesome bread I've ever eaten. I could have eaten about 3 pounds of it!

Edited by huntca

Not a good day today.......stayed in Shreveport with the family after the Shindig at Paul's yesterday.

Breakfast - Hotel food, oatmeal, eggs and sausage. Had to have two glasses of cran-apple juice.

Swam in the pool with the kids after breakfast. Did a few lengths.

Lunch - Taco Bell....enough said. :angry:

Supper - Grilled burgers and pork skins - finally got back to the house.

All in all, it could have been a lot worse. I had to check the scales as soon as I got home and I had still lost a little. But, not my usual time to weigh. Will check in the morning.

Chris, your #3 attempts were DANG close...matter of days now.

Thanks man. We didn't even get the closest one on vid. The first attempt I just grabbed it, set it and squeezed. Ted said it was couple sheets of paper away. That's when Paul gave the lecture about wanting stuff on vid. :D

8/31/09

Well, I didn't gain any weight over the weekend. But, I didn't lose any either.

Breakfast - English Muffin, Sausage, Cheese......gotta get something different.

Guest Bullitt
Chris, your #3 attempts were DANG close...matter of days now.

Thanks man. We didn't even get the closest one on vid. The first attempt I just grabbed it, set it and squeezed. Ted said it was couple sheets of paper away. That's when Paul gave the lecture about wanting stuff on vid. :D

8/31/09

Well, I didn't gain any weight over the weekend. But, I didn't lose any either.

Breakfast - English Muffin, Sausage, Cheese......gotta get something different.

Probably good for your metabolism to bump up the carbs and calories for a day, and you had a great time. Well deserved cheat day in there bro. You have done a great job sticking to this program. :rock

Got this idea from Mike's log: Just some observations as to the weekend as far as I am concerned.

Grippers: Psyched to get as close on the #3 as I did. The heaviest gripper I have is a #2. The last time I was over there, I had a crappy (no) set. And couldn't get the thing to parallel hardly. I have got to get some heavier grippers.

Blobs: This was the highlight of the trip. Only the second time touching blobs. The only thing have been doing remotely similar are the "stones" I have at the house. One is good for rep type work for me and the other I have been doing for time and for farmer's walks. Seem to have helped.

Axle: First time on the axle. Really the first time doing deads period. I pulled a questionable 315. But, I reversed the grip and got it no problem. So, I am excited about deadlifting in general. Thanks again for the advice Rex. I have got to start doing this.

RT: First time on the RT. Didn't really spend much time on this one. The main thing I have got to concentrate on is squatting, gripping and pushing with the legs as opposed to pulling with the arms. Same thing on the V-bar. This will take some time. I have a long torso and long arms, with super short legs so it will take some practice.

V-bar: Not really my favorite thing. Has really killed my biceps tendon both times. Also, Paul telling me about guys tearing it doesn't help either. Turning into a mental thing. Honestly, don't think there is enough weight on there to tear it, but still sore as heck.

Misc.: Got the 2-35's this time around. Couldn't get 2-25's the first time. Wish I would have at least tried the 5 dimes. Didn't even think about it until now. Just ran out of time to do any bending.

I need to get a few items to be able to really progress. (How to talk the wife into that?) Mostly the grippers right now. Then the axle and eventually a Blob50.

All in all, it was a great day. I think everyone had an awesome time. I know I did.

Edited by huntca

Lunch - Fried chicken strips. Was super busy at work today and that was about the only option. Bad Fatty!!! :angry:

Supper - Grilled pork chop and chicken tenders, salad and two spoons of potatoes. I feel so much better now when I eat healthier.

Did a little bending tonight.

1/4"x7" Drillrod - Seated DO x 2

1/4"x6" Drillrod - DU x 2

1/4"x5" Drillrod - Barely wobbled DO. Switched to DU and got it pretty close to 40 degrees. Bent off center, so it depends. I'm gonna say not complete just so I won't be lying to you guys.

1/4"x7" Square - DO - This was an iso piece a couple weeks ago. Just melted tonight.

1/4"x6" Square - DO - No go. Getting tired and sore.

1/4"x6" g5 - DO - Barely wobbled. Getting more tired and sore.

60d - DO - Got one to 90 degrees tonight. Tough little boogers. Bought a box of these from the HW store and have only been able to wobble them until tonight. Took these with me this weekend and Paul tried one. Said they were the hardest 60d's he had run across. That made me feel better.

Ben - Thanks buddy. I haven't given up on the bending, just running out of stuff.

Paul - I was doubtful over the weekend. But, you will have your box of bent nails when I come back.

9/1/09

Breakfast - Granola Bar

Lunch - Grilled Chicken & Pork, Salad

Supper - Tacos on Carb Tortillas

Did my first deadlifting over the weekend. Really enjoyed it. Decided to max out real quick last night at the school. Pulled 415 in jeans and flip flops. No belt, reverse grip on an Oly bar. Not too bad. I really wanted 450. Thinking about starting the six week deads program some of the other guys are doing in the race to 550.

Went on about an hour walk last night. Feel pretty good this morning. Weighed this morning......349.2, slowly but surely going down.

Thanks Sherrie......if you're not on a diet, PM and I will give you some really great food ideas. At least somebody will be able to enjoy some good food. :D

Edit: Sorry Sherrie forgot the "e" the first go around.

Haha! I appreciate the thought but, yep, I'm trying to cut back like you are. (You're just doing it much better than I am!) :D

[it's not a usual spelling - no worries!]

9/2/09

Breakfast - Granola Bar

Lunch - Taco Salad, Crystal Light

Snack - Granola Bar

Edited by huntca

9/2/09

Breakfast - Granola Bar

Lunch - Taco Salad, Crystal Light

Snack - Granola Bar

Supper - Grilled Steak, Bacon-Wrapped Green Beans, Steamed Broccoli, Roll

I think that I may be cutting too far back on the carbs. I have been really tired this week. I mean like falling sound asleep at my desk. The funny thing is that I have been sleeping better at night this week than I have in a really long time.

The only other thing it might be is I missed a good bit of sleep this weekend. I am gonna stay the course over another week or so. I have a long weekend so I will try to catch up on some sleep. If I can do that, and still am not feeling any better by next week, I am going to have to revamp.

I am pretty sure that eating smaller meals more times per day would probably help this problem. However, that is hard to do with work. Oh, well. I figure something out.

Guest Bullitt
I think that I may be cutting too far back on the carbs. I have been really tired this week. I mean like falling sound asleep at my desk. The funny thing is that I have been sleeping better at night this week than I have in a really long time.

The only other thing it might be is I missed a good bit of sleep this weekend. I am gonna stay the course over another week or so. I have a long weekend so I will try to catch up on some sleep. If I can do that, and still am not feeling any better by next week, I am going to have to revamp.

I am pretty sure that eating smaller meals more times per day would probably help this problem. However, that is hard to do with work. Oh, well. I figure something out.

One thing I have found when doing the low carb diets is that if I cycle in a higher carb day once or twice a week it goes much better. When bigger guys like us, that have been eating hundreds of grams of carbs everyday drop too far, it turns us into zombies, because our metabolism just slows to a crawl. I usually have a small cheat meal on Wednesday and a decent cheat day on Saturday. Hope it helps. Stay with it man, you are doing awesome.

One thing I have found when doing the low carb diets is that if I cycle in a higher carb day once or twice a week it goes much better. When bigger guys like us, that have been eating hundreds of grams of carbs everyday drop too far, it turns us into zombies, because our metabolism just slows to a crawl. I usually have a small cheat meal on Wednesday and a decent cheat day on Saturday. Hope it helps. Stay with it man, you are doing awesome.

Thanks buddy. Zombie is the perfect word for it. I will have to try that.