G8 Success And A Speedy 60d For Hugo

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

I spent the whole weekend moving. What a full body workout that is. I am whipped. When we were all done I thought I would do a little bending.

Hugo was nice enough to email me a short video of Ben Edwards demonstarting his DO technique so I could see what I was doing wrong on my kink. The video helped a lot! While my form still has a LONG way to go, it does seem to be getting better. Shoulder flexibility is still an issue, but it is getting better. Any constructive criticism on the form I use in the videos is very much welcome.

Was a warm day and I started off with some shoulder dislocations with a broom.

I then did a 3/16" X 6" piece of shiny square keystock to warm up.

Next, Hugo said he thought after seeing the video I could kill a 60D DO in 5 seconds. I took the challenge. It went pretty quick. :D Including the crush down, it was just under 10 seconds. First time I did a nail in single wraps. Seemed fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J17glpw9UE

Then it was on to the 1/4" X 6" G8 from Fastenal. I used double wraps for this one. Felt so good when this finally went. I know this isn't a big bend compared to some of you, but I felt like I had just destroyed a huge shiny when I got done! :laugh

Final damage for the day: http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/124932338...1092_496142.jpg

Edited by Bullitt

I spent the whole weekend moving. What a full body workout that is. I am whipped. When we were all done I thought I would do a little bending.

Hugo was nice enough to email me a short video of Ben Edwards demonstarting his DO technique so I could see what I was doing wrong on my kink. The video helped a lot! While my form still has a LONG way to go, it does seem to be getting better. Shoulder flexibility is still an issue, but it is getting better. Any constructive criticism on the form I use in the videos is very much welcome.

Was a warm day and I started off with some shoulder dislocations with a broom.

I then did a 3/16" X 6" piece of shiny square keystock to warm up.

Next, Hugo said he thought after seeing the video I could kill a 60D DO in 5 seconds. I took the challenge. It went pretty quick. :D Including the crush down, it was just under 10 seconds. First time I did a nail in single wraps. Seemed fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J17glpw9UE

Then it was on to the 1/4" X 6" G8 from Fastenal. I used double wraps for this one. Felt so good when this finally went. I know this isn't a big bend compared to some of you, but I felt like I had just destroyed a huge shiny when I got done! :laugh

Final damage for the day: http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/124932338...1092_496142.jpg

Nice work Rindo!

Great bends, Mike! Especially since you still can't keep the stock up under your chin! HAHA!

Seriously, that's awesome, buddy!

Guest Bullitt
Great bends, Mike! Especially since you still can't keep the stock up under your chin! HAHA!

Seriously, that's awesome, buddy!

:laugh It is getting better. :blush Progress, not perfection! :rock

Great job getting that Grade 8 down! :rock I remember that feeling and it was good.

I think when you get your technique refined you'll kill much harder stuff. I'm no expert but I could tell something was a bit off when you were kinking it. It looked like you were just trying to push inward on the ends of the bolt without much levering. I kept waiting for you to slip and punch yourself in the face - try to keep your hands against your body. I think more forward and down force might help (think of your forearms/hands as one unit...like pieces of pipe slipped over the ends of the bolt/bar).

Great bends. :rock:rock Work on technique and you will bend big steel. You pretty much wrist muscled that G8.

Mike, tremendous performance! :rock

NOTE: Ben's video its not available anywhere,it was send to me by one of his friends...) Its like a secret. ;) i think "s" its in the head of the g8 bolt; try the triangule or "le" they may be harder.

after i bend one g8 first time(i had lots of prob to finish it)i killed the red nail next day. its strange but i thought the g8 was harder to finish than the red nail ..

U will be surprised how close u are from the bastard) (keep doing 7" stock and the red and the bastard will go down next time)

if i were u i would order some bastards + other bars and get the fbbc cert)

Guest Bullitt
Mike, tremendous performance! :rock

NOTE: Ben's video its not available anywhere,it was send to me by one of his friends...) Its like a secret. ;) i think "s" its in the head of the g8 bolt; try the triangule or "le" they may be harder.

after i bend one g8 first time(i had lots of prob to finish it)i killed the red nail next day. its strange but i thought the g8 was harder to finish than the red nail ..

U will be surprised how close u are from the bastard) (keep doing 7" stock and the red and the bastard will go down next time)

if i were u i would order some bastards + other bars and get the fbbc cert)

Ordered 10 bastards from John this morning.

Congrats on the bending so far.

Dont be in a rush to bend bigger stuff get your technique dialled in first or you will get injured which will result in time away from bending then you have to start afresh :D

Its much better to dial your technique in now than get injured and have to sort it out later.