Heslep Style

ewokhugo

I started to do ,heslep style this week and it rocks! it put a tremendous pressure in the wrist and work the mind a LOT! concentration its a must here,because the movement its shorth.

I bend one 5 mm x 5.5" nail , i will eventually get one 60 d nail this week.

Just curious to know whats the highest bend ever made(beside the Shiny bastard Gazza did , wich is unreal)...

i need inspiration:-))

Edited by ewokhugo

Nice work Hugo! That's one style that I definitely aspire to conquer one day. :rock

Mike, u need to grasps the bar with both hands and the arms outstreched(forearms are pronated) and the wrists are neutral(they are not deviated during all the bend).

Tommy Heslep started this technique and i believe its one of the hardest ways to bend steel.

Gazza had one video of him doing this , cant find it at youtube(

Bending newbie question here. Can somebody explain what the Heslep style is? Thanks!

It's easiest to just watch him in action...then go try what he just did. Notice how he slid the head side of the bolt in the wraps (not very tight) and how close his hands are.

Heslep Unchained

Gazza does a modified version sitting down with his elbows on the insides of his knees.

8mm x 6" O-1 drillrod

a Shiny...of course :whacked

Hugo, I gave this a shot today with some 1/4" x 7" FBBC CRS...I got humbled. I barely wobbled it with arms out in front so I switched to Gazza's version and was able to get it to around 90deg. It took a few hits and my wrists were screaming. Fun stuff! :D

very impressive Perry! the final part /crushdown its easy, why u stopped(interlock fingers)?

Joonas: u welcome my friend! lets make a list with heslep style!lol

Edited by ewokhugo

very impressive Perry! the final part /crushdown its easy, why u stopped(interlock fingers)?

I stopped because it wouldn't go past 90deg. :blush I would have loved to get it crushed down in that position. I crushed it down DO style but I did notice the shape of the bend was a little different than what I normally end up with. The legs were bowed out a bit kind of like the shape of a bullet, not a sharp "V" that CRS is known for.

I stopped because it wouldn't go past 90deg. :blush I would have loved to get it crushed down in that position. I crushed it down DO style but I did notice the shape of the bend was a little different than what I normally end up with. The legs were bowed out a bit kind of like the shape of a bullet, not a sharp "V" that CRS is known for.

Tommy crushed his G5 down standard DO-style once he got it to about 90 degrees.

Good point about Tommy's bend. He did indeed crush it down DO style. Starting a G5 like that is VERY impressive.

Toughest I've done is an average 60d completely out from. Think I may have done it in a hanky as well to make it more "strict". Seems like I have to bring my hands in slightly for the crush though just because of the angle of my wrists.

Brookfield's style is very similiar only lower down by the stomache and is also very tough.

Tim

I wasn't knocking Tommy's strength with the crushdown remark. It seems like a good way to blow a pec trying to crushdown steel while still in the Heslep position. I've done a G5 that style with thin pads (when compared to my fatties) and there was really no desire to try to go higher than that. Just too much pressure on the wrists and it tended to aggravate my forearm tweak.

I don't think Brookfield's style is really super hard. It definitely takes its toll but I remember bending a Grand about 6" under my pec-line the first part of 2008.

Ben,

I agree about the pec. Whenever I try to crush anything very much way out to the front like that the angle makes it feel all wrong. I bring it in to about a foot out from my chest.

I'm not sure I understand what Brookfield's style is so I may be misjudging but then again I just can't bend what you can. I put my thumbs under the bar for what I call Brookfield's style but I can't seem to find any footage whatsoever of him bending so I could be wrong.

A grand that low is phenominal! Heck I'd like to just bend a grand period.

Later,

Tim

That whole video of Tommys is superb a great video of a really strong man and the g5 bend is still worlclass in that style.