Source For 70d Nails And G9 Bolts

mgjenn23

Can anyone recommend an outlet or website where I can get my hands on some 70D nails and G9 bolts?

Thanks in advance.--Mike

Menards usually has 2 kinds of 70d nails and I think McMaster carr has 70d nails.

G9 bolts don't exist in 1/4 by 6 inch anymore unless you go to the "grade 9+) F911 bolts. They're even harder at 535 lbs instead of the 490 to 495 for the L9 bolts.

The new triangle G8 bolts are made of the same L9 Lammalloy because they're made by brighton best and Eric calibrated 2 for me at 495 lbs each.

Hope this helps!

Tim

Menards usually has 2 kinds of 70d nails and I think McMaster carr has 70d nails.

G9 bolts don't exist in 1/4 by 6 inch anymore unless you go to the "grade 9+) F911 bolts. They're even harder at 535 lbs instead of the 490 to 495 for the L9 bolts.

The new triangle G8 bolts are made of the same L9 Lammalloy because they're made by brighton best and Eric calibrated 2 for me at 495 lbs each.

Hope this helps!

Tim

Tim, thanks for the info. Where can I purchase the F911 or new Triangle G8 bolts?

I'll find a source for the F911s when I get home. They are VERY expensive at almost $4.00 a piece. The triangles you see quite a few places.

Tim

Here's the F911 bolts:

F911

Great prices too.

I'll warn you, they are some seriously springy bolts. They feel like they will break but I've never had one break. If there's a badder piece of 1/4 inch steel, I haven't experienced it. As tough as the easier batches of huge bastards.

Tim

Oh yeah, the Lake Erie G8 bolts hit 485 lbs and are very tough as well.

Here's the F911 bolts:

F911

Great prices too.

I'll warn you, they are some seriously springy bolts. They feel like they will break but I've never had one break. If there's a badder piece of 1/4 inch steel, I haven't experienced it. As tough as the easier batches of huge bastards.

Tim

Oh yeah, the Lake Erie G8 bolts hit 485 lbs and are very tough as well.

Thanks again, Tim, and happy bending.--Mike

Those F911s are seriously springy harder than tough reds just keep hitting them hard as the spring/recoil stops alot of people.

The F911 5/16" bolts are brutal well harder than any big g8 bolt.

Those F911s are seriously springy harder than tough reds just keep hitting them hard as the spring/recoil stops alot of people.

The F911 5/16" bolts are brutal well harder than any big g8 bolt.

I bet those 5/16 do have some serious rebound! I REALLY thought the 1/4 inchers would break but to my relief they didn't. One of those little suckers in thinner pads is one of the most intense bends I've done.

Later,

Tim